Grand Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.5

Entry-Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in April 2012.

I applied to one of the job postings Grand Marketing had online. Their HR department contacted me later that day (or maybe the next, I can't remember) and asked me more about resume. They wanted to know what my general career focus was and what I was interested in. I was set up with a preliminary interview and then met with one of the managers. They shared more about the work they do for clients and why they don't list it on the website (client privilege). It was a shorter interview, maybe 20 minutes, and then I was offered a second interview later that night. That one was a lot longer but gave a really good view of the company- better than anything I had read. Granted, it wasn't the hardest interview process, but they were still very thorough.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in January 2012.

I did a first round interview in person with a manager there. It was pretty cool to sit down with the owner of the company, i don't feel like other CEO's would take the time to do that. My second interview was a sit down with the next assistant manager who was progressing pretty fast withing the company

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in October 2011.

I had a great time interviewing with Grand Marketing. I got to spend the day with a really exciting girl who i had a lot in common with. Most companies dont take the time to slow down and show what the job will entail, or the advancement within. I felt really comfortable and had a great day

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in July 2011.

Not for me, he made the job sound like everything I wanted then when I showed up it was face to face sales and canvassing. I felt very deceived and wasted a lot of time driving to the interview!

Entry-Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in April 2011.

Initially interviewed on the phone with the office manager. He told me that the company did outside sales for AT&T, and that everyone starts out in that position (I wasn't interested in sales). Assured me that there was no telemarketing or cold calling, and was told that the base salary was $30-35k. It sounded alright, so I set up an in-person interview/job shadow, and was paired with one of their "top sales" guys.

Top Sales Guy (TSG) took me to his old, dirty pickup truck, which we sat in for a while as he told me about himself and looked at my resume. He doesn't have a degree, which raised a red flag--why did I pay to get a degree when I can get a decent sales job without one? He told me that the career path that he's on will lead him to the office manager's job, which is why he was interviewing me--to learn how to read resumes and pick things out from them and from the prospect, except that he can't read a resume to save his life (why would you ask me if I was currently employed with X Company, when Y and Z companies are listed before it, and the end year listed was the previous year?).

He then took me out in the "field," which consisted of going to a nearby neighborhood, armed with a list of handwritten addresses, parking on the side of the road, and hoofing it six blocks...only to knock on doors to get people to sign up for AT&T services? Let's go back to the part where I was told that there was NO COLD CALLING. Just because I'm not on a phone doesn't mean I'm not cold calling! Not to mention that going door to door in unfamiliar neighborhoods isn't exactly smart OR safe! Oh, and their work day begins at 11AM, meetings until 2, lunch, and then 3-7PM is spent walking around, back to the office at 7:30 and leave at 8.

TSG took me to lunch after we walked around for a couple of hours, and laid out the career path, salary, and job duties. Not only was the base salary for the entry-level position NOT $30-35k (not even close), you wouldn't make that much until you were two promotions out of entry-level (which is their definition of training), and only then if you got the maximum amount of people to sign up EVERY week. I asked about other career paths, but TSG would only keep repeating that "this interview is for the office manager path..." That was his favorite thing to say next to "cool" (usually repeated a few times in sequence).

I was taken back to the office and waited to speak with the office manager, who also would not answer my question about other career paths. He told me that he would call me later that night to let me know whether or not they were going to have me come back for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to the office that no one here has?   View Answer

After being lied to about various things, unimpressive job shadow (your "top salesman" drives a dirty, broken-down 1998 pickup?), and awful hours (plus an hour drive one way), I decided that I could continue my search for a job that didn't put my life at risk for less money than I made working retail part-time.

Entry-Level Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Grand Marketing in July 2011.

I first applied to an ad posted on CareerBuilder since I was intrigued. They responded very fast to my resume. When I mentioned that to the HR person she said that they responded fast because they remembered what it was like to play the waiting game. My interview was scheduled for two days out and the first one was only about 25 minutes long so shorter than most. I was invited for a second which consisted of coffee with an top account manager (they paid) and typical interview questions. They really explained the company to me well and it made sense. I didn't get an offer, but it was still cool to hang out with the manager for a little bit.

Interview Questions

Worked for Grand Marketing? Contribute to the Community!