Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher

I applied through other source and interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

Interview Details – This was a behavorial interview. Please be prepared to provide real world examples in which to resolve challenges. Be prepared to be interviewed by a large panel as well as a one-on-one interview. Please be aware the gaining adminstrator within the school your assigned may require you to taken on collateral duties.

Interview Question – How do you resolve a matter between two students, without the intervention of your fellow colleagues or administrators?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher
Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially hired as a diagnostician. My interview was only with the Assessment Coordinator. It was lengthy, but I got the impression that she liked me right away. I was called later that same day and offered the job.

Since that time 7 years ago, I have sat in on several committee interviews for new hires for teachers and for new diagnosticians. It seems very stressful for the candidate (I know that I would be stressed in similar conditions). Sometimes the committee part of a teacher interview seems like it is a popularity contest -- "so do we like her enough for our team?"

Interview Question – How would you diagnose a child with an IQ of 71 and poor academics in comparison?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – School employees don't get to negotiate their salaries (unless they are the Superintendent).

Worked for Grand Prairie Independent Schools District? Contribute to the Community!