Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

www.gpisd.org

Grand Prairie Independent Schools District Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District

Special Education Teacher Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District.

This was a behavorial interview. Please be prepared to provide real world examples in which to resolve challenges. Be prepared to be interviewed by a large panel as well as a one-on-one interview. Please be aware the gaining adminstrator within the school your assigned may require you to taken on collateral duties.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolve a matter between two students, without the intervention of your fellow colleagues or administrators?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grand Prairie Independent Schools District in September 2009.

I was initially hired as a diagnostician. My interview was only with the Assessment Coordinator. It was lengthy, but I got the impression that she liked me right away. I was called later that same day and offered the job.

Since that time 7 years ago, I have sat in on several committee interviews for new hires for teachers and for new diagnosticians. It seems very stressful for the candidate (I know that I would be stressed in similar conditions). Sometimes the committee part of a teacher interview seems like it is a popularity contest -- "so do we like her enough for our team?"

Interview Questions
    • How would you diagnose a child with an IQ of 71 and poor academics in comparison?   View Answer
    School employees don't get to negotiate their salaries (unless they are the Superintendent).