Grand Sierra Resort and Casino

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in February 2014.

The environment was down and depressing. The interviewer obviously did not enjoy her job.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino.

The online application process is fairly simple. No different than any other company. Everyone gets a call back for a group interview. There can be between 4 and 9 other people in the group interview. A group interview can be intimidating for many people, it is hard to make yourself stand out. But it is a first chance to make an impression with a hiring manager. I feel as if the key is to ask very well thought out questions. Two people in my group kept asking about salary, and another kept asking about the grooming standards. don't worry about that until the next interview. Just make sure that you ask two well thought out open ended questions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for the company?   View Answer

Bus Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in September 2011.

The hiring process consisted of both computer assessments and individual interviews. There was a complete background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • During part of the interview process they handed me a pen and asked me to sell it to one of the hiring question.   View Answer
    I had several years experience as a bartender and made sure I'd have an opportunity to be promoted based on my work ethic. Be prepared to stand out and shine because there are thousands of applicants for one or two jobs.