Grandstream Networks

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in August 2014.

They asked me to solve brain teaser questions which are hard to answer. And then, they asked me various questions - concurrency, data structure, network concepts, algorithms, and bit operations. Also, I was asked to introduce my academic experience at the school.

Interview Questions
    • String permutation problem. Print out every possible string permutation based on a given character set.   Answer Question

The salary was less than an industry standard.

Support Engineer Interview

There are three rounds view in total. First one asked me some behavior questions like hobbies and also asked some projects experiences I listed on my resume. Second one ask some expert questions about network protocols. Third one ask the expectation of this job, any questions for this company and position.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just the basics of transport layer protocols.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in March 2014.

Casual environment. Don't expect typical interview questions here. Expect to be spoken to like a casual acquaintance. But don't let their demeanor fool you, the job isn't as great as it sounds. The process was more like a get-to-know-you process and less like a formal interview. In this respect, the interview process is great, the job on the other hand is a whole 'nother story.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Compensation was cut and dry, unfortunately, You may have better luck than me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in March 2014.

Received the job description from our advisor. Contacted by the hiring manager directly after I send my resume to hime by email. It takes 3 days. I was asked to visit their office which is in Los Angeles as well. Given a test paper. There were about 8 coding questions and I was asked to complete it within one hour. Then the engineer went through my answers and asked several questions.

Intern for Support Technical Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks.

They askd me some question about my resume. Like how many layer for network architecture and asked me detail for every layer. Also they asked me some experience for my last intern. Finally, if they think you are meet for this job, they will give you a quize. You can take it go home.

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grandstream Networks.

Most of the interviewers were friendly save one. Took a paper test with questions on networking/hardware related material. There were also a few data/structure and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine if a system is big endian or little endian. Implement a malloc that byte aligns the memory address of the returned pointer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in February 2013.

I was given engineering questions, mostly basic programming and logic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in February 2013.

Give several interview questions (C/C++ concepts) on several pieces of paper. Then the software engineer would come in to review your papers and give some extra questions. Finally the manager will come in and talk about the company and your resume.

Interview Questions

The salary is lower than another company.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in July 2010.

Friendly and direct VP of sales was looking for someone to take on international management of their partner and direct sales network. Interview went well, and we connected on all aspects of the role, the background requirements and the goals set for the successful candidate. The process was abruptly stopped "over mis-communication between the company and the recruiting agency."

Interview Questions
    • What is the appropriate amount of time spent traveling for you?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in April 2011.

It is an interview on site. The interviewer was quite nice. He asked questions about the basic knowleges about network field and some about computer system. I felt nervous at first but then I felt much better. It is a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important quality to make one successful?   View Answer