Grandstream Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

got call and went onsite interview which cost about 5 hours. Then one month later got a call and went onsite again and only write a simple quiz and ask about resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks in August 2014.

Interview

They asked me to solve brain teaser questions which are hard to answer. And then, they asked me various questions - concurrency, data structure, network concepts, algorithms, and bit operations. Also, I was asked to introduce my academic experience at the school.

Interview Questions

• String permutation problem. Print out every possible string permutation based on a given character set.   Answer Question

The salary was less than an industry standard.

Creative Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

This was the most time consuming and infuriating interview process that I have ever had the displeasure of going through. My first interview in their Boston office entailed speaking with five different people, and it lasted an entire day. I had been led to believe that I would be meeting one or two people, so I had only taken the morning off from my full time job. I had to make an excuse to call out for the afternoon. After being grilled for an entire day by 5 different managers, it became clear that they had unrealistically high expectations for a non-manager. Then, one of them emailed me that night asking me to create an advertisement for one of their new products. This took several hours, and I did not receive any kind of communication from them for another three weeks after I had sent in the final product.

When they finally did reach back out, they asked me to come in two more times (took another vacation day from my f/t job), once to interview with a sales manager and another time with the CEO. The CEO somehow expected me to have advanced Flash animation skills, which was not listed in the job description or on my resume. I left feeling even more confused and annoyed than I had been before at his impossibly high expectations. Shockingly, I was still offered the position. But, as it turned out, they neglected to mention that this job was commission based. The base salary was ridiculously low, especially considering the high cost of living in this area. I turned the down without thinking twice about. What a waste of time.

Long story short, I would recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the 10 other various marketing/sales support roles you will be filling, will you also be able to design flash advertisements for our company?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

There are three rounds view in total. First one asked me some behavior questions like hobbies and also asked some projects experiences I listed on my resume. Second one ask some expert questions about network protocols. Third one ask the expectation of this job, any questions for this company and position.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just the basics of transport layer protocols.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (City of Industry, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Casual environment. Don't expect typical interview questions here. Expect to be spoken to like a casual acquaintance. But don't let their demeanor fool you, the job isn't as great as it sounds. The process was more like a get-to-know-you process and less like a formal interview. In this respect, the interview process is great, the job on the other hand is a whole 'nother story.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation was cut and dry, unfortunately, You may have better luck than me.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received the job description from our advisor. Contacted by the hiring manager directly after I send my resume to hime by email. It takes 3 days. I was asked to visit their office which is in Los Angeles as well. Given a test paper. There were about 8 coding questions and I was asked to complete it within one hour. Then the engineer went through my answers and asked several questions.

Intern for Support Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks.

Interview

They askd me some question about my resume. Like how many layer for network architecture and asked me detail for every layer. Also they asked me some experience for my last intern. Finally, if they think you are meet for this job, they will give you a quize. You can take it go home.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grandstream Networks.

Interview

Most of the interviewers were friendly save one. Took a paper test with questions on networking/hardware related material. There were also a few data/structure and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• How to determine if a system is big endian or little endian. Implement a malloc that byte aligns the memory address of the returned pointer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (City of Industry, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was given engineering questions, mostly basic programming and logic.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grandstream Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Give several interview questions (C/C++ concepts) on several pieces of paper. Then the software engineer would come in to review your papers and give some extra questions. Finally the manager will come in and talk about the company and your resume.

Interview Questions

The salary is lower than another company.