Granicus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Granicus in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process was quite arduous. Firstly, one has to go through HireArt generic interview, which required both written AND video responses to questions one has to post on youtube for HireArt folks to review. After that, Granicus folks look over your qualifications and set up a phone interview. I got no further than that.

The person in charge who interviewed me was quite tense, and from the very inset of the interview I realized that I would go no further. I thought I was applying for software support position, but the interviewer wanted to hear from Network Admins. This was puzzling considering that this was not stressed on the position description nor initial questionnaire indicated that. All in all this made me feel that I wasted quite a lot of time for nothing. Granicus should definitely be more respectful towards applicants and not waste the time of all the parties involved.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult since the company was looking for someone with experience in another area.   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Account Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Granicus in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with their VP of Sales went very well. Standard behavioral questions with a lot of interest in why I was interested in Grancius, my interest in government and citizen engagement. Most of the interview was the VP selling me on the culture at Granicus and how much he likes working there. Was called back for an in-person interview. Again very straightforward. Asked about my approach my problem-solving and sales.

Interview Question – I live in the East Bay, don't own a car and commute to work every day. Sell on my why I should buy a $25,000 car.   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Granicus in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy and straight forward. Do not ask very technical questions. Managment seems to be verey nice while they conduct the interviews. Very professional follwoing up with the candidates on the interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change from Hardware to Software field?   Answer Question

Project Management (Scrum) Interview

Project Management (Scrum)
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Granicus in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had very interesting conversations with the VP and President. they were very clear on what kind of person they needed. and asked specific Case scenarios and how I would handle it. And I guess based on how you answer they know if you fit or not.. i dont think there is a right or wrong answer to their question.. They just will check if you fit their team or not...

Interview Question – How would you handle disagreements between team members ?   View Answer

Account Development Specialist Interview

Account Development Specialist
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Granicus in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email about setting up a 20 minute phone interview. The phone interview went well although I wasnt that prepared and wasn't quite sure what the company did. Then I got an in-person interview and met further with the guy Id spoken to on the phone. He was very nice. Then I met with the VP of Sales and he was amazing. Very bright and enthusiastic guy. The company seemed like an amazing place to work. Salary, benefits, culture, location, was all very tempting.

Interview Question – Why is Granicus so important?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was waiting to hear from another, more well-known tech company, and I actually got that offer and thus turned down the Granicus offer. Granicus pays slightly more but I KNEW that the other tech company was one of the best places to work and there werent that many reviews on Glassdoor for Granicus yet so it was more of a wild card. I am happy with my decision but I know I would have loved Granicus as well. It is a growing company and the people are very bright and also fun. Anyone who can work there is lucky. If I leave my new tech company at some point in the future I would definately look to Granicus again.

Product Management Interview

Product Management
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Granicus in April 2010.

Interview Details – Was brought in at the last minute but assured they had not made a decision. Board meeting in progress that day and was told they were being pressured to hire someone and the hiring manager went into the board meeting in the middle of the interview and when he returned my interview essentially ended quickly at that point and was told that they made an offer later that day to the other candidate.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions asked. One odd question from the HR person was did I want to contract instead of being hired and I had never suggested I was looking for a contract position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Granicus.

Interview Details – The Interviewees were not responsive. I was told that I would be given an assignment as a test of skills. I followed up with the interviewees but no response was received

Interview Question – didn't have any unexpected or difficult questions. all of the questions asked were pretty common interview questions   Answer Question

Worked for Granicus? Contribute to the Community!