Granite City

Updated Sep 29, 2014

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Granite City

Server & Head Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Granite City.

It was a simple process with basic questions about your experience and as to why you'd be a good fit with the company. I went in for the interview when they were having open interviews because it was a new store. I met with two hiring managers and process went quick.

Interview Questions
    • I would say most of the questions were expected and there weren't really any to throw you off. The one I'd say that I had to think about just because I couldn't say the answer I obviously wanted to was what was your worst guest experience. Otherwise the questions include employment history, what do you expect out of your manager and so on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Granite City in March 2012.

They will usually make calls every one to two months so they won't call you immediately unless you time it right. The general manager of the store calls you and tells you a day for interviews and you set a time. You go there and the host will tell you that she will go and get the manager and then you wait for them to come down which is about 5-10 minutes while you can choose to make awkward small talk with the bored host or not it does not matter if you talk to them or not, they don't matter in the process. Then you will go sit somewhere in the atrium or a table and it is really simple. They ask if you've ever worked with people or in a restaurant then they just ask your schedule. Getting accepted as a host is easy because they are pretty much always short on hosts so they take whatever they get.

Interview Questions
    • When have you gone above and beyond for your employer?   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Granite City in March 2010.

Just asked about previous work experience and what my favorite things to cook are.

Interview Questions
    • Had me do a questionnaire that figured if i was mentally stable   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Granite City in February 2010.

I sat down with a manager and talked for about 10 minutes. he said i didnt need to do the next interview and that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Granite City in January 2010.

Got a phone call to come in and interview then had orientation a week later

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation you were in where you showed team work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Granite City in September 2008.

Met with the hiring manager and then got a phone call offering me the job

Server Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Granite City in November 2011.

Applications are handled entirely online, including basic information, resume submission, and a medium-length personality test to determine if I was a good fit for the position. The online portion of the application process took approximately thirty to forty-five minutes. About a week later I was invited to a 1:1 interview with the store manager, during which a few basic questions were asked, mostly relating to work experience and desire to work at that restaurant in particular. I was offered a job on the spot.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Granite City in March 2011.

I went in to fill out an application, brought it back, and was asked to fill out an SQ (like a personality thing) in store. After turning that in, I got a call about 3 days later, and was asked to come in for an interview. It was fairly easy - questions like how would you handle a difficult customer, why do you want to work here - and then I was given a call back for a second interview (with a different manager) and was given the job there. There was a week training after that (paid, and with food), and then I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here/in the restaurant business?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult guest?   View Answer
    Not really.

Server Interview

I spoke with the manager while i was fulling out the application and then she said i was hired. it was a very easy interview and it included a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • How would u resolve a mis-ring food item?   View Answer
    none