Granite City Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2014

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Granite City

Server & Head Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Granite City.

It was a simple process with basic questions about your experience and as to why you'd be a good fit with the company. I went in for the interview when they were having open interviews because it was a new store. I met with two hiring managers and process went quick.

Interview Questions
    • I would say most of the questions were expected and there weren't really any to throw you off. The one I'd say that I had to think about just because I couldn't say the answer I obviously wanted to was what was your worst guest experience. Otherwise the questions include employment history, what do you expect out of your manager and so on.   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Granite City in March 2010.

Just asked about previous work experience and what my favorite things to cook are.

Interview Questions
    • Had me do a questionnaire that figured if i was mentally stable   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Granite City in September 2008.

Met with the hiring manager and then got a phone call offering me the job

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Granite City in January 2010.

Got a phone call to come in and interview then had orientation a week later

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation you were in where you showed team work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Granite City in February 2010.

I sat down with a manager and talked for about 10 minutes. he said i didnt need to do the next interview and that I was hired.

Server Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Granite City in November 2011.

Applications are handled entirely online, including basic information, resume submission, and a medium-length personality test to determine if I was a good fit for the position. The online portion of the application process took approximately thirty to forty-five minutes. About a week later I was invited to a 1:1 interview with the store manager, during which a few basic questions were asked, mostly relating to work experience and desire to work at that restaurant in particular. I was offered a job on the spot.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Granite City in March 2011.

I went in to fill out an application, brought it back, and was asked to fill out an SQ (like a personality thing) in store. After turning that in, I got a call about 3 days later, and was asked to come in for an interview. It was fairly easy - questions like how would you handle a difficult customer, why do you want to work here - and then I was given a call back for a second interview (with a different manager) and was given the job there. There was a week training after that (paid, and with food), and then I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here/in the restaurant business?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult guest?   View Answer
    Not really.

Server Interview

I spoke with the manager while i was fulling out the application and then she said i was hired. it was a very easy interview and it included a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • How would u resolve a mis-ring food item?   View Answer
    none

Worked for Granite City? Contribute to the Community!