Granite Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Granite Construction (West Haven, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

They were very flexible with finding a good time for the interview. I was brought in and interviewed by a project executive and a project manager. The interview was very relaxed. Like you would expect I was asked about past employment, experience that would benefit their company, and questions about what my goals are pertaining to their company.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction.

Interview

First interview took place at my school. Then i was instructed to set up a time in which i could come to the local office. since the interview time was set around lunch time, we went to a local restaurant where they paid. After the second interview they said they would contact me within the week. A simple straight forward interview.

Graphic and Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction.

Interview

Applied online then spoke with the recruiter a week later then didn't hear from anyone for a couple weeks then spoke with the manager then came onsite for a in-person interview with the manager and HR recruiter

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a very corporate environment?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First interview was over Skpe. Then, you will meet with a panel of VPs from different departments. Everyone was very friendly and made you feel "at ease" during the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Palmdale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager after 6 weeks of applying. The interview was more functional than technical and it felt like the interview was just a formality and they may have had someone internal or crony in mind for the job.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Vista, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I sat with 3 people in a room and all of them asked questions. After the first round, i and to go back for a second round with the regional manager.

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granite Construction (North Sacramento, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Panel of management sat down and knocked out the interview process in one swing. I was applying for Qc technician. There were five managers, two of which I would be working for. It took a while for me to get an interview but I kept bugging the QC manager until he got me an interview with the QC regional manager. It's a union shop so there were hoops to jump through with the union because so many were out of work. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Granite?   1 Answer

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Granite Construction (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Great applied through fax via an ad on the NY Times. Very competitive, interviewed over the phone and also in person twice. Locally and via video conference.

Interview Questions

• Questions for suitable for the time of position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could have been negotiable, but at the time my position was entry level, I was satisfied with the offer. Since the job may require travel via vehicle and or air, negotiate a vehicle allowance, gas, and tolls.

Estimating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granite Construction (Watsonville, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Nice people that work there; however, hr system is quite antiquated. Still a good 'ol boy network.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experiences do you have to help us in this department?   1 Answer