Granite Construction Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Granite Construction.

First interview took place at my school. Then i was instructed to set up a time in which i could come to the local office. since the interview time was set around lunch time, we went to a local restaurant where they paid. After the second interview they said they would contact me within the week. A simple straight forward interview.

Graphic and Web Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Granite Construction.

Applied online then spoke with the recruiter a week later then didn't hear from anyone for a couple weeks then spoke with the manager then came onsite for a in-person interview with the manager and HR recruiter

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working in a very corporate environment?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Granite Construction in December 2014.

First interview was over Skpe. Then, you will meet with a panel of VPs from different departments. Everyone was very friendly and made you feel "at ease" during the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Granite Construction in January 2014.

Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Granite Construction in April 2010.

Great applied through fax via an ad on the NY Times. Very competitive, interviewed over the phone and also in person twice. Locally and via video conference.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for suitable for the time of position   View Answer
    I could have been negotiable, but at the time my position was entry level, I was satisfied with the offer. Since the job may require travel via vehicle and or air, negotiate a vehicle allowance, gas, and tolls.

Estimating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Granite Construction in December 2009.

Nice people that work there; however, hr system is quite antiquated. Still a good 'ol boy network.

Interview Questions
    • What relevant experiences do you have to help us in this department?   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Granite Construction in May 2009.

Granite was a pleasant company to try to get on with. However, due to the economy at the time, it was hard for them to sign me on. I wish I was able to work for them, but they were not interested in my resume. Hopefully it will go better for someone else. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • In this given situation, what would your first move be?   Answer Question