Granite Construction Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Granite Construction in January 2014.

Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Granite Construction in April 2010.

Great applied through fax via an ad on the NY Times. Very competitive, interviewed over the phone and also in person twice. Locally and via video conference.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for suitable for the time of position   View Answer
    I could have been negotiable, but at the time my position was entry level, I was satisfied with the offer. Since the job may require travel via vehicle and or air, negotiate a vehicle allowance, gas, and tolls.

Estimating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Watsonville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Granite Construction in December 2009.

Nice people that work there; however, hr system is quite antiquated. Still a good 'ol boy network.

Interview Questions
    • What relevant experiences do you have to help us in this department?   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Granite Construction in May 2009.

Granite was a pleasant company to try to get on with. However, due to the economy at the time, it was hard for them to sign me on. I wish I was able to work for them, but they were not interested in my resume. Hopefully it will go better for someone else. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • In this given situation, what would your first move be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Granite Construction

Worked for Granite Construction? Contribute to the Community!