Granite Construction

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Palmdale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Granite Construction in January 2014.

Interview Details – Drove out to be interviewed at granite. Interviewers were not prepared, had not read my resume. Interview consisted of them reading my resume and asking me questions from my resume. My friend had a better interview experience in Santa Barbara, where they were actually prepared. I was very disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity to succeed.

Interview Question – Generic questions asking about my resume and for me to elaborate. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

IT Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Granite Construction in April 2010.

Interview Details – Great applied through fax via an ad on the NY Times. Very competitive, interviewed over the phone and also in person twice. Locally and via video conference.

Interview Question – Questions for suitable for the time of position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could have been negotiable, but at the time my position was entry level, I was satisfied with the offer. Since the job may require travel via vehicle and or air, negotiate a vehicle allowance, gas, and tolls.

Estimating Engineer Interview

Estimating Engineer
Watsonville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Granite Construction in December 2009.

Interview Details – Nice people that work there; however, hr system is quite antiquated. Still a good 'ol boy network.

Interview Question – What relevant experiences do you have to help us in this department?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Granite Construction in May 2009.

Interview Details – Granite was a pleasant company to try to get on with. However, due to the economy at the time, it was hard for them to sign me on. I wish I was able to work for them, but they were not interested in my resume. Hopefully it will go better for someone else. Good luck.

Interview Question – In this given situation, what would your first move be?   Answer Question

Worked for Granite Construction? Contribute to the Community!