Granite Telecommunications

Very Easy Interview

Premier Account Manager Interview

Premier Account Manager
Quincy, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in August 2010.

Interview Details – Temp to Perm position. Actually dragged out my hiring process for an extra 3 months. I went in and met with the manager of the department and then one other associate for the 2nd opinion and was given a tour of the building. Interview process is easy because its a temp position and they can let you go anytime.

Interview Question – None, they hire as a temp to perm so they know if you can cut it they will just let you go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They made an offer and I had to accept. If I turned it down they would have kept me in the temp position for another 3 months, they did that to many other employees.

Repair Analyst Interview

Repair Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Interview Details – Received a call from a temp agency. Met briefly with the temp recruiter, who scheduled a next-day interview with the then-hiring manager. Set up in-person interview. For some reason, the interview was double-booked. Broke off into 1 on 1s, received offer the following week.

Interview Question – -"Explain the difference between aggressive and assertive. Which do you think would work better in this position?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Quincy, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Interview Details – I was connected to a staffing agency through Monster.com, and they immediately suggested me for a position with Granite Telecommunications, who works exclusively with 5-7 staffing agencies in the Greater Boston area to staff their ever-growing workforce. I was told about the position, was given the opportunity to speak on the phone with a recently-hired employee who answered many of the questions that I had about the company, I had a 20 minute interview with my future supervisor and the head of Customer Service, and I was offered the job later that day. I was given 24 hours to make up my mind, and I accepted the offer the next day.

Interview Question – They asked the basic questions - tell me about your previous work experience related to this position, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, tell me about yourself (everyone's favorite), etc. It was a fairly straightforward, standard interview.   Answer Question

Premiers Interview

Premiers
Quincy, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in July 2013.

Interview Details – Temp to perm. Base salary $35,000.
Staffing companies over-prepare you, just take their advice.
Show up dressed sharp and get the early.
Try to connect with the person who you interview with. Other hired employees have shared their interview experience and how it included a side conversation about something other than the job.
Questions are simple.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You meet with someone who has no control over your compensation do discuss your salary. If you deny their initial offer it will slow down the hiring process.

Major Account Manager Interview

Major Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Interview Details – Interview with Manager then job shadow

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Major Accounts Manager
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in July 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews with many senior level sales and management individuals.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Support Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Went through staffing agency; interviewed once with would-be supervisor. Was informed by the staffing agency that they offered me the job within a matter of hours.

Interview Question – n/a. All questions were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Broadband Provisioning Interview

Broadband Provisioning

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Temp agency, Interview with Granite

Interview Question – What are your strength's/weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Premier Account Analyst Interview

Premier Account Analyst
North Quincy, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in November 2013.

Interview Details – You have to be hired through a temp agency, then a recruiter from the job contacts you and schedules an interview. You meet with the recruiter and then two other supervisors from the company.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all, they'll just pull a point from your resume that they feel relates to the current role and they'll question you about how you handle disgruntle customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's through a temp agency so it is what it is.

Sales Interview

Sales
Quincy, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Granite Telecommunications in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiters were efficient, personable and seemed very trustworthy. Too bad what they were selling is false promises. The process was speedy and didn't require hoop jumping. Interviews were fine, not crazy challenging, people were decent to talk to. The represent the company well.

Interview Question – Do I have trouble sitting in a cubicle all day dialing the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Like everything else it is like it or leave.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Granite Telecommunications

Worked for Granite Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!