Granite Telecommunications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.3

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

easy straight foward, went over resume and interviewed with 3 different people. After the interview process I got a phone call with the job offer. This company usally hires temp to hire people so you have to stay with Granite for 3 months to become a perm emloyee.

Cost Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Friendly interview with the team's supervisor and team lead. Both interviews did not last more than 40 minutes. Both my interviewers were not conversation friendly, they only read questions from a piece of paper. I don't think they were quite professional. The supervisor was late to the interview by 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • -How did you improve your function?
      -How can you improve Cost Assurance's function?

Answer Question

Premier Account Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

You apply through a staffing agency and your interview will be set though them, met with a recruiter and the two managers of the position. They will then contact your staffing agency to let them know if you received an offer not not

Interview Questions
    • very easy questions, like How do you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

I was referred to staffing agency. They send my resume to Granite. I got an interview with them within a week. I had to take a 20-30 minutes assessment test before the hiring manager could interview me for the position. However, I never got the chance to interview for the position.

The hiring manager told me that my staffing agency applied for a position that was supposedly already filled and the position that they want me to interview with was for a different position which was lower level position that had nothing to do with the other position.

I guess I didn't pass the assessment test and they didn't let me go through the interview. They should had let me know that I failed the test and they no longer are interested in my candidacy.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications in November 2014.

1. Initial Phone Screen
    2. Online Sales Assessment
    3. In-person interview with HR and onsite manager
    4. 2nd interview with Senior Level Manager
    5. Half day or Full day shadow with associate
    THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WAS WAY TOO LENGTHY. First you will be contacted by their HR guy, somebody named Greg, then you will be asked to do a 45 minute online sales assessment. Once that's completed, this Greg guy will then set you up for an in-person interview at the site location, where you will meet and talk with him for another 2 hours and then you will speak with the hiring manager. After that's completed. He will then schedule for you to come back for a full day of shadowing. Keep in mind they are not paying you nor have they've given you a tentative offer. But OK, you come back and shadow the sales team for the day. You go around asking them how they like the job, what do they find most challenging etc. You will also be expected to meet with a Senior Level Manager. And before you begin shadowing, they gather the entire office and everyone goes around to introduce themselves and then you give your 30 section commercial about who you are. Completely irrelevant and silly if you're not hired of course. Now after all of that, you get to wait 2-3 weeks to receive an email to say, you weren't selected and they've gone with another candidate. Yippy!

Broadband Repair Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

I found the job originally from Indeed.com, and it was peculiar right from the start. The job description was a vague "Customer Service" entry and I figured I would go for it since I'm a recent University graduate and was hoping for some fresh hands-on experiences helping people with their needs over the phone. It never asked for a cover letter nor a detailed description of you, just your name, address, email account and telephone number.

I was hired via a Temp Agency known as American Personnel. They responded a day after I sent my Indeed.com request, which I found to be very kind of them. The interview went very smoothly, and I felt as if I had the sufficient skills to meet the needs of the temp-to-hire job that he described. It really got my hopes up: the prospect of having a stable job with good pay, hopes of rising in the company, and a hands-on environment where I could help people.

Man, was I wrong. When I arrived home from my interview I started reading Glassdoor's former employee reviews. My goodness, my heart literally plummeted. I never felt so cheated in my life, God be my witness. My father and I felt it was strange that the Temp agency would ask me to fill out my W-4 and I-9 forms, detailing my incredibly personal economic and social data (including my social security number). People talk about having their credit card numbers stolen online, but man I never thought there were actual businesses working side-by-side fishing for recent university graduates for cheap labor.

Please. Do not look into these businesses. Save yourself the time and energy and look at actual, modern, honest business practices. Because, truth be told, American Personnel and Granite Communications are certainly not doing the right thing.

Rebill Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications in July 2014.

Longest interview I ever had. It took 2 hours and more. Met with several people. All nice people. They don't really know why they continue to work there. And i took an assessment test, took about 20-30 minutes, worst part about the test is they mumble the instruction, can't understand it at all.

Repair Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Received a call from a temp agency. Met briefly with the temp recruiter, who scheduled a next-day interview with the then-hiring manager. Set up in-person interview. For some reason, the interview was double-booked. Broke off into 1 on 1s, received offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • -"Explain the difference between aggressive and assertive. Which do you think would work better in this position?"   View Answer
    N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I was connected to a staffing agency through Monster.com, and they immediately suggested me for a position with Granite Telecommunications, who works exclusively with 5-7 staffing agencies in the Greater Boston area to staff their ever-growing workforce. I was told about the position, was given the opportunity to speak on the phone with a recently-hired employee who answered many of the questions that I had about the company, I had a 20 minute interview with my future supervisor and the head of Customer Service, and I was offered the job later that day. I was given 24 hours to make up my mind, and I accepted the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the basic questions - tell me about your previous work experience related to this position, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, tell me about yourself (everyone's favorite), etc. It was a fairly straightforward, standard interview.   Answer Question

Major Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Granite Telecommunications.

Interview with Manager then job shadow

No negotiation.