Graniterock Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graniterock

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Graniterock (Watsonville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Round robin style interview process. 8 people in the process. Had a prepared list of questions and each one went round the table asking one question. Some were just plain lame others were common sense so really it was a lame interview overall. Didn't explain position and truly what they were looking for. 30 minutes was hardly enough time for me to get an opportunity to ask any questions because they ran over by 15 minutes and had another candidate waiting. Like going to the doctor stacking up candidates with no overlap so yeah no I was asked if I had any questions but then oh sorry we went over thanks for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Safety? Wasn't very forth coming on exactly what they were looking for in respect to this question   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Graniterock in September 2014.

Interview

This company has a reputation in our community as being "a great place to work," so following an encouraging phone screen with the HR Director and the Recruiting Manager I was very excited to get an interview. The HQ building is beautiful and what I could see of the physical work environment while waiting for my interview looked comfortable and positive. From there on things went downhill. They had back to back candidates lined up and ran late, which left no time for a real conversation. The round-robin style of asking questions is OK, but I could feel the tension between the different managers. Some of them asked questions as if challenging me to prove I was good enough to work there - really quite rude. However, when I left I still felt pretty positive - that is until I never heard from them again. I finally called to ask what the status of my application was and the response I received from the Recruiting manager was "didn't the Director call you?" Seriously? This is how HR itself treats its own candidates? To her credit, she apologized and then said they had decided to instead fill the position at an HR Assistant level, and if they did re-open the Manager position they would most likely move on to a new pool of candidates. I guess that was her way of saying they weren't interested in me. It was a really poor recruiting experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received conflicting instructions from the HR Director and the Division Director to whom you directly reported?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graniterock in July 2011.

Interview

Although I enjoyed the introduction to the interview and the work culture of Graniterock, I found the interviewers to be quite rude and they certainly turned it into an interrogation, even though I tried to make it more of a conversation. For example, I got yelled at for jotting down notes from this dialogue - how nice! One other guy answered his phone during my response - how attentive! When I asked for contact information, I got none from two of the interviewers - how prepared! Moreover, when I inquired about their disaster plan, they brushed aside my answer - how informative! Least to say, I'm glad that I won't be working with Graniterock.