Grant Street Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.0

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Street Group in February 2015.

I applied through university. The process took approximately two weeks. First was a code screen involving very basic function implementations. Next was a coding challenge which was a bit more involved. Finally, there was a technical Skype interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a url, return the words and their frequency on the webpage in ascending order.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grant Street Group in December 2012.

Two interviews, one with HR that was great. Very friendly, very helpful and great communication (immediate answers to calls and emails). One with the manager who was also great. We talked and laughed for over an hour. Usually managers are kind of dry (and on a time schedule) and just have exact questions, this one was fun and the questions pertained to the job (not "how do you feel about global warming" types of questions)

Interview Questions
    • None really, a good interview, I did a SQL test (though I have to admit I was not in a good area to get computer access or any SQL QA tools, but that wasn't their fault), got a few things wrong but overall okay. I liked that he said "there is probably another way to do this" to one of my test questions, and he's right... there usually is. That means he's flexible and open-minded.   Answer Question