Grant Thornton

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Three weeks later had an office visit. Was given an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Interviews were all behavioral based, typical questions   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online via my university's career website. Was invited to schedule an on campus interview and attend a pre-interview reception.

The week after my first round interview I was called by a recruiter to offer me an office visit. They put me up at a very nice Hyatt hotel in downtown Baltimore and I attended a dinner with all other candidates the night before. I interviewed from about 9-12 on Friday with about 5 different people. They ranged from partner to current associate. I was also given an interview buddy (a new hire) who showed me around the office and then took me to lunch after the interviewing. This was a good opportunity to get a real idea of the work and ask the difficult questions you might not otherwise.

I was called the following Monday by the partner I interviewed with and was given a verbal offer with a set salary for new hires. Later that week, I received a paper copy of the offer.

Overall, I had a great experience with Grant Thornton. They were always very prompt in moving the interview process forward. Everyone at the office seemed to genuinely like their jobs and were excited about the growth of the company. And I would consider pursuing a job with them in the future.

Interview Question – Nothing to unexpected. They went over my resume and asked basic behavioral questions, like "when is a time when you have worked in a difficult team?" Wanted to know why you wanted to work there, Why you think you would be a good fit at GT, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to live in Baltimore

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – On-Campus recruiting. Meet the Firms, On-Campus Interview, Office Visit. Very conversational, only a few "behavioral type questions". Interviewed with four different people. One on-campus and then three during the office visit.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!