Grant Thornton

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

1st round interview on campus that went alright. The manager that interviewed me did not seem like I was the right fit for the role and kept talking about switching me to another practice, which she ended up doing. The process was also extremely drawn out and I was left in the dark. I had to follow-up with the recruiter (who is an angel by the way, shout out to her!) multiple times until I was told that I did not advance to the final round.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

After speaking to recruiters at the my school's career fair, I applied to the Advisory Associate's position through my schools career website. I received an email 2 weeks later to schedule an on campus interview. The day of my interview, I was greeted by recently hired associates who socialized with the interview candidates. The process itself consisted of 2 back-to-back, half hour interviews. One was with a senior manager and the other was with a manager. There were specific questions about experiences on my resume as well as behavioral interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Campus recruiting. Three weeks later had an office visit. Was given an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were all behavioral based, typical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Applied online via my university's career website. Was invited to schedule an on campus interview and attend a pre-interview reception.

The week after my first round interview I was called by a recruiter to offer me an office visit. They put me up at a very nice Hyatt hotel in downtown Baltimore and I attended a dinner with all other candidates the night before. I interviewed from about 9-12 on Friday with about 5 different people. They ranged from partner to current associate. I was also given an interview buddy (a new hire) who showed me around the office and then took me to lunch after the interviewing. This was a good opportunity to get a real idea of the work and ask the difficult questions you might not otherwise.

I was called the following Monday by the partner I interviewed with and was given a verbal offer with a set salary for new hires. Later that week, I received a paper copy of the offer.

Overall, I had a great experience with Grant Thornton. They were always very prompt in moving the interview process forward. Everyone at the office seemed to genuinely like their jobs and were excited about the growth of the company. And I would consider pursuing a job with them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to unexpected. They went over my resume and asked basic behavioral questions, like "when is a time when you have worked in a difficult team?" Wanted to know why you wanted to work there, Why you think you would be a good fit at GT, etc.   Answer Question

Did not want to live in Baltimore

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

On-Campus recruiting. Meet the Firms, On-Campus Interview, Office Visit. Very conversational, only a few "behavioral type questions". Interviewed with four different people. One on-campus and then three during the office visit.