Grant Thornton Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

3 face to face interviews. First interview was with a Senior Associate, Second interview was with a Manager, Third interview was with the Partner. All were behavioral interviews in a laid back setting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

For the Associate level, Grant Thornton generally hires through on campus recruiting. However, it is possible to meet hiring managers in different service lines by pursuing networking events such as professional organizations.

Interview Questions

• My interview process had several fit questions one would expect such as: strength and weakness; provide an example of when you went over and beyond on a project; please discuss a time when you had to overcome diversity to accomplish your goal; what is your greatest accomplishment, and discuss; discuss any team projects you have (ties into other questions); On this team project, how did you manage someone who did not complete their assignment   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Campus interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you realized you made a mistake and had to correct it. How did you handle it and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. Take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Normally a recruiter will contact you. Referral is the best way. The interview process entails a meeting with a Manager and a Partner. The interview process can take up to 2 hours. Grant Thornton looks for motivated individuals with the right attitude. As long as you can display those qualities, the skillset and past experience can be worked with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Will sometimes ask you a question in regards to particular skills and experience that you might not have experience in. They want to see how confident you are in answering the question and your honesty. Not knowing is not a negative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All negotiations are dealt through the recruiter. Although they compensate well for your experience, they will not budge too much on there final offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

A phone interview asking me basic questions like if I have drive, why I would like to work here, etc... Then an in office interview that lasted 45 minutes. It was more like a conversation about my resume.

Interview Questions

• How was this experience like (experiences on my resume)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2010.

Interview

Applied through college and was selected for on campus interview. The interview itself was pretty easy, conversational and no behavioral questions. They just just wanted to determine how well you would fit with the company. If you are invited for an interview, try to make an impression and demonstrate your professionalism and personality.