Grant Thornton

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your academic and career arch...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Question – Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Campus interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you realized you made a mistake and had to correct it. How did you handle it and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nonexistent. Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Normally a recruiter will contact you. Referral is the best way. The interview process entails a meeting with a Manager and a Partner. The interview process can take up to 2 hours. Grant Thornton looks for motivated individuals with the right attitude. As long as you can display those qualities, the skillset and past experience can be worked with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Will sometimes ask you a question in regards to particular skills and experience that you might not have experience in. They want to see how confident you are in answering the question and your honesty. Not knowing is not a negative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All negotiations are dealt through the recruiter. Although they compensate well for your experience, they will not budge too much on there final offer.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through college and was selected for on campus interview. The interview itself was pretty easy, conversational and no behavioral questions. They just just wanted to determine how well you would fit with the company. If you are invited for an interview, try to make an impression and demonstrate your professionalism and personality.

Interview Questions

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!