Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Questions
  • Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer
I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.
        Answer Question
    Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

None

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!