Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer
    I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.
        Answer Question
    Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer