Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met surge 2 partners, 1 senior manager and went out to lunch with two lower level employees. Everyone was very nice and answered questions honestly. It seems like they have a very good culture- better than big 4 at least. The lunch was very good as well. Not sure if they chose this restaurant especially for me but it was the nicest place in the immediate area.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I applied through an employee at the office I was interested in. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. Had a brief talk with her and received an email shortly after about setting up a phone interview with a manager. After that the recruiter called again and we were able to set up an office visit. At the visit I met with two managers and a partner. Received a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions from recruiter and manager were focused on location and background of the past few years. Office visit questions were very focused on how I would fit in and a large percent of the time was me asking questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions

• No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through the university and took about 5 to 6 weeks. There was an accounting fair where a whole range of accounting firms were present from Big 4 to small, local firms. I met with a managing director and a partner of the firm. They were very nice and I enjoyed their company. There were also several events where we met with other professionals of the firm. I had my first round of interviews at the university for about 30 minutes. I met with a manager. He was very professional and we spoke about a variety of topics about myself, my resume, both of our experiences. The second round interviews were at the office. We had a pre-interview social. I met with other professionals of the firm, as well. The next day were office interviews and lunch. I had two office interviews, both 30 minutes. I interviewed with a partner and director of the firm. Both of them went very well. It was certainly more relaxed and talking more about myself, my resume, and experiences. After the interviews, we went out to lunch with two professionals of the firm. It was a great experience and learned more about the firm through their experiences. They said that offers would be sent out the following week. However, I received notice of my offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing that is out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.