Grant Thornton

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Question – none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Question – Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

Interview Question – Why GT?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Question – 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Question – This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

Interview Details – First round was on campus - pleasant and easy. Then a dinner with the partner and staff and other applicants before the second round of interviews in the office. Received an offer pretty quickly from the partner, but he did not take kindly to the fact that I was awaiting other offers. I eventually declined for a better opportunity and was treated extremely rudely by the partner when calling to decline. Glad I didn't join.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - just normal HR soft skill questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunities (big 4) and rude, smug partner.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Question – Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Grant Thornton employees and interview candidates.