Grant Thornton

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.8

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions
    • Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

The hiring process was through the university and took about 5 to 6 weeks.

There was an accounting fair where a whole range of accounting firms were present from Big 4 to small, local firms. I met with a managing director and a partner of the firm. They were very nice and I enjoyed their company.

There were also several events where we met with other professionals of the firm. I had my first round of interviews at the university for about 30 minutes. I met with a manager. He was very professional and we spoke about a variety of topics about myself, my resume, both of our experiences.

The second round interviews were at the office. We had a pre-interview social. I met with other professionals of the firm, as well. The next day were office interviews and lunch. I had two office interviews, both 30 minutes. I interviewed with a partner and director of the firm. Both of them went very well. It was certainly more relaxed and talking more about myself, my resume, and experiences. After the interviews, we went out to lunch with two professionals of the firm. It was a great experience and learned more about the firm through their experiences. They said that offers would be sent out the following week. However, I received notice of my offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Nothing that is out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2010.

This was a very good interview experience. The whole process was neatly done and very professional. Although the company is close to being Big 4, the staff and partners were very friendly and tried to make the interview as comfortable as possible. The only problem is that there's a lot of competition, but that's not the company's problem. It was a very easy going and fun interview. It's a buddy system where you shown around by an employee while the interview process is going on. You are interviewed by 3 people and then go to the lunch with the staff. Afterward, you have an ice cream social back at the end office and have an ending interview with one of the 3 people you spoke with.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three biggest accomplishments that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Typical first round interview. Talked about my resume, and asked two behavioral questions. Did not get a 2nd round, but email encouraged me to apply again. Interviewer was very nice and he seemed interested. However, I could not go to the pre-interview reception because I had class, which could have affected the decision.