Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer
    I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.
        Answer Question
    Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2010.

Interview supposed to be with both partners, but unfortunately one of them was out of town, so I didn't get to meet him. The one who interviewed me was actually very pleasant, easy to talk to, didn't try to make it difficult. I wasn't nervous at all. In the end there was a short questionnaire. Couple of days after interview HR guy emailed me that I wasn't successful, but no explanation as to why. Interview was OK, but outcome not so OK ;o))

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was when they ask you what you want to know about them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2012.

They had the most well designed system of hiring and the way they conducted the test.
    Interview was very natural and they focus on the employees abilities as well as attributes. The environment within the organization was very ethical.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!