Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2008.

I was greeted by one of the HR assistants and was given an interview schedule for the morning, as I was meeting with one of the partners, a manager, and a senior associate. The interviews were pretty standard, and I was asked about my previous work experience, the types of clients that I'd worked with, industries that I was interested in, and how I preferred to be managed. The interviewers were friendly, and I felt comfortable talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the table that is better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Met with three people from the organization; seemed like a nice place to work! Most of the questions were about personality

No offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

None

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2010.

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions. We went over my resumes with a short description of each activity and questions like "So what leadership role did you take in this position etc. Make sure you have at least two questions prepared for the interviewer since they leave at least 5 minutes for questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

First round was on campus - pleasant and easy. Then a dinner with the partner and staff and other applicants before the second round of interviews in the office. Received an offer pretty quickly from the partner, but he did not take kindly to the fact that I was awaiting other offers. I eventually declined for a better opportunity and was treated extremely rudely by the partner when calling to decline. Glad I didn't join.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - just normal HR soft skill questions   Answer Question

Better opportunities (big 4) and rude, smug partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!