Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through the school's career center and had an on campus interview with a partner. The interview started off rough because the partner lost track of time so she was behind schedule. I didn't even get to introduce myself as the interview went straight to behavior questions. I was asked three questions and it was mainly behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...". The interview was suppose to be 30 minutes but got cut to 15-20 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions
    • Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,