Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2008.

I was greeted by one of the HR assistants and was given an interview schedule for the morning, as I was meeting with one of the partners, a manager, and a senior associate. The interviews were pretty standard, and I was asked about my previous work experience, the types of clients that I'd worked with, industries that I was interested in, and how I preferred to be managed. The interviewers were friendly, and I felt comfortable talking with them.

Interview Questions
  • What do you bring to the table that is better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Met with three people from the organization; seemed like a nice place to work! Most of the questions were about personality

No offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2010.

This was a very good interview experience. The whole process was neatly done and very professional. Although the company is close to being Big 4, the staff and partners were very friendly and tried to make the interview as comfortable as possible. The only problem is that there's a lot of competition, but that's not the company's problem. It was a very easy going and fun interview. It's a buddy system where you shown around by an employee while the interview process is going on. You are interviewed by 3 people and then go to the lunch with the staff. Afterward, you have an ice cream social back at the end office and have an ending interview with one of the 3 people you spoke with.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three biggest accomplishments that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

none

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2012.

They had the most well designed system of hiring and the way they conducted the test.
    Interview was very natural and they focus on the employees abilities as well as attributes. The environment within the organization was very ethical.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I began the hiring process by submitting my resume through the school's online career managment website. Most large and regional accounting firms attend Accouting Career Fairs during the fall, usually August/September. I approached Grant Thornton during the Career Fair and spoke with one of the recruiters. I had already submitted my resume on-line but I gave the recruiter a copy as well. I asked a few questions about the firm and what the culture was like. I also added a little background information about myself and why I was interested in the firm. Time spent talking to the recruiter at the career fair lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes.

A few weeks later I received an email from my school saying I had been granted an on-campus interview. This interview lasted approx. 30 to 45 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were behavioral in nature, such as:
    "Tell me about an experience you had working in a difficult team environment and how you handled the situation". We spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and getting to know a little more about our background.

2 weeks after the on-campus interview, I received an email from GT saying I had been granted an office visit. This interview lasted approx. 3-4 hours. I was interviewed by two people, had a tour of the office, and went to lunch with several people from the firm. Again, most of the quesitons were behavioral and the interviewers wanted to know why I wanted to work for GT. After the office visit was over, one of the Partners that I had interviewed with that day pulled me aside and told me the firm was impressed with me and I would be receiving an offer letter in the mail within a few day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your greatest strenght and how does this skill translate to a professional services environment.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. I received an offer letter in the mail shortly after my office visit. I believe the offer was valid for 10 days and then would expire.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

The first interview was campus recruiting. The second interviews were 3 back-to-back interviews with managers. There was a pre-interview dinner at a hotel a day before the second round.

Interview Questions
    • What three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2011.

The compnay is laid back.