Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Audit Intern Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Intern Interview

I met the recruitment team at my school's career fair. There was a two step interview process (one on campus and one at the local office). Both interviews were relatively simple. The thing I like most about Grant Thornton is that the interviews are very much like a conversation with a friend. Everyone is so nice and easy to talk to to.

Interview Questions
  • One question that really made an impression on me was "how do you think we could increase profits for the firm?" I thought this was a great question because it made me realize that Grant Thornton truly does value the opinions of all employees and potential employees.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

campus, then superday that cosists of three interviews

Interview Questions
    • explain a time where you were expected to trust a team member in a strenuous situation   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process consisted of a social, a pre-interview social, an on-campus interview, a pre-office visit dinner, and then the office visit. Overall, it took around 4 weeks. The schedule at the office visit consisted of 4 interviews, a few presentations, and lunch with a few of the associates. The whole process was focused around deciding whether you fit in with the people at that particular office. I believe my interviews were successful due the fact that I tried to talk about everything other than accounting. The partners frequently reminded us that everyone at the office visit was qualified for the position. So, I would recommend avoiding accounting conversations to differentiate yourself from everyone else. Grant Thornton tries to make the process fun, so just enjoy yourself. All of the interviews were strictly conversational. I did not receive any behavioral questions.

The offer is on a "take it or leave it" basis which is expected for an internship position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Started the interview process on campus at a recruiting fair, was then invited by the firm for an on campus interview with alumni employees. after this was then invited to the firm for a day of three interviews with partner manager and HR. Overall was a very smooth and easy process and the firm did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you were supposed to lead a team but then failed and how did you respond to this failure   Answer Question
    No Negotiation its a set rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

I applied for the position through campus recruiting. They held a pre-social interview before the campus interviews. Campus interview was 30 minutes, one-on-one, behavioral questions, and very conversational since we have already discussed skills and such the night before. I got called in for an office visit the next day which was held two weeks later. The office visit consisted of a dinner the night before with audit associates and you get paired up with a "buddy". The next morning I met with one partner and two senior managers. All very friendly. Asked about my resume and had some behavioral questions. The hardest question is probably, "what questions do you have for me?" because everyone you meet asks you that question. By the end of the day, I was exhausted from thinking of and asking questions. They really want to make sure you are comfortable though and reimburses you for your travel costs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too technical. Just behavioral. Tell me a time you had a leadership position. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Very casual lunch with a manager and a partner, then an office visit

Interview Questions
    • Didnt really have any hard interview questions, they were very casual   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I recruited through my college's on campus recruiting. I had an interview with a campus recruiter and 2 weeks later, I was invited for a "super day." I interviewed with an HR manager, a senior manager and partner. I received an offer the same day.

Audit Intern Interview

I had a phone interview in the fall. I was immediatly granted a office visit two weeks later. Office visit was great; great dinner, nice hotel, friendly people. Interviews were relaxed, just a few behavioral questions and then random conversation

Interview Questions
    no negotioation, just given offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

It was very laid back, Everyone was nice. The interview process very typical, asked behavioral questions not to many technical questions. They had 3 interviews and then they took us out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • If i were to buy a company today and could only look at one F/S which one would i look at and why?   View Answer
    There was negotiation, they said you're making X take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2011.

The recruiting process started with an on-campus interview for the Grant Thornton Footsteps leadership program. After being accepted to the program and ultimately completing the program they asked if I would like to come in for a 2nd interview/office visit. The initial interview consisted of background and behavioral questions. It was conducted by the recruiter. The office visit and interviews were very conversation based. I met with two different audit Senior Managers. Both Senior Managers were very nice, and laid back. It made for a very comfortable interview and atmosphere.