Grant Thornton Audit Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.4

Senior Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2015.

The hiring procedure consisted of 3 rounds of interview. first was a one hour session with 2 audit partners and then a 30 min interview each with 2 senior managers.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was majorly behavioral and included questions from my past experience and expectations from a senior associate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Two interview. One with HR and a manager and another with a partner (sometimes two).

Interview Questions
    If you are a new hire, you can't negotiate. If you are an experienced hire, there is usually a $5K negotiation basis but HR people are the best to talk to since they will be upfront and honest.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2010.

Grant Thornton recruited me from my college campus. The night before the interview we went to dinner and I spoke with several employees. The employees did not ask technical questions and were trying to gage who I was as a person. The next day I had an interview with the employees who were not at my table. The interview was behavioral and fairly simple. There were no technical questions. Most questions were asking why I chose that particular office, why I wanted to do audit, what activities I had partcipated in college, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult or unexpected. See above.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

Passed my CV in the front desk and was informed that a Senior Audit Associate with 2-3 years experience is open for job application. I was scheduled on an interview with the Audit Manager 2 days after. Interview went well. Many technical question where as specifically competencies on IFRS and IAS. At the end of the interview, the audit manager told me that they were looking for Senior Associate with at least 4-5 years of experience.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

I applied twice. First, through an employee referral but got rejected due to my visa status. Three months later, I tried again by depositing my CV on their website. Few hours later, I got a phone call -- this mainly consists of screening questions.

I was then scheduled the next day for an interiview with an Assistant Manger. Questions mainly involved IAS and IFRS technicalites. Later in the afternoon, I got scheduled for another interview with a Manager on the next day. This interview again is about the accounting standards, though I was also asked about risk assessments and audit procedure.

The next day, I was scheduled for the final interview with an Audit Partner. Only a few behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Technical : what are the required disclosures for investment property both under the fair value and cost model   Answer Question