Grant Thornton

Relevance Date Difficulty

BAS IT Audit Associate Interview

BAS IT Audit Associate
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2011.

Interview Details – My brother in-law who worked at Oil and Gas company introduced me to GT Sr. manager at the party. He asked me about what I do with my current and previous job. We hit it off really well and he asked me if I would be interested in working with GT.

I did some research about the company and I was very impressed by the people and it's culture so I called him back a week later to agree for an interview.

1st . Informal Interview: I met with Manager and we had 1:1, the meeting last about an hour at Star Buck. It was casual and the guy was really nice and easy to talk with. We went over GT culture, specialties, work-life-balance, team work etc...

2nd. Informal Interview: I met another Manager and Sr. Associate for lunch interview. Again, we went over GT company profile but also explained what I did with my previous exp. (I had 4.5 yrs with O&G and 1.5 yrs in Marketing) It was pleasant lunch and interview, both manager and Sr. Associate were very friendly and knew a lot about company and businesses, I was very impressed.

After 3 days, I received a phone call for an official interview process.

1st. Interview with GT Regional (Houston) Manager, he introduced himself and explained what he did. Very nice guy but once he started to ask question, I got nervous. The questions that he asked were not typical questions that you would able to answer right away.

2nd Interview with IT Audit Manager, walked in and introduced my self. This interview was a bit laid back. He asked me about my previous exp.

3rd Interview with Senior Manager. This is the guy that I met through my brother in-law. He asked me a bit more in-dept questions about business process improvement scenario.

Tips: Great interviews, I practiced a lot and went over my resume and the position that applied.

Try to emphasize in team work, your skills set, what can you bring to the company. Know how to answer scenario questions and ready to answer with the process and solution. Be confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary because I had previous Oil & Gas exp. They gave me an offer and I counter it and they accepted.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!