Grant Thornton

www.grantthornton.com

Grant Thornton Business Advisory Consultant Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I received an interview call through my interaction with GT professionals at a Career fair

Interview Questions
  • The first round of interview was behavioral interview and I was asked number of "Tell me a time when..." questions. Also, some time was spent on resume based questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

General first round interview, phone, very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Throughout the whole process the interviewers expected me to ask A LOT of questions. In the first interview on campus the interviewer asked me what I know about the company and the position and then had me ask questions the rest of the interview. The second interview was an office visit with 3 half hour interviews. The interviewers asked several structured questions and left a lot of time for me to ask questions. Come prepared to the interview with knowledge about the company and lots of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have working in teams with various levels of technical skills and what obstacles did you face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2011.

Easy interview, Essentially went through my resume with a senior partner, informal and no real tough questions asked

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

First interview occurred on campus, primarily behavioral and resume questions. Questions about why you would like to be a consultant, why Grant Thornton.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

Initital phone screening, phone intervirew with preactice leader, face to face interviews with parctice leader and other leaders in a one day office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Bring me a report you wrote in a previous life!!   View Answer

Did not feel the level of professionalism was high enough

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2012.

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Then interview with 2 Executive directors, 1 senior and 1 staff.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

Initially secured the interview through university job board. The interview consisted of a very casual phone conversation with a very friendly and knowledgeable recruiter. I was very impressed with the answers and insight provided about opportunities within the company.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

This company really blew me out of the water. I have to admit, I was not originally interested in the position; I took the interview on the recommendation of a professor for nothing more than practice. Right off the bat, the interviewer honed in on my skills and applied them to the job. He showed me what this company did and helped me understand how I would fit in when I had nothing more to go on than the research that I did on the internet the night prior. I answered his questions well, but they were not typical interview questions. This company was very interested in seeing who I was as a person to determine if I was the right fit. It was more that skills can be taught but they needed a good worker. So, if you are technically lacking in an area, don't sweat it - just convey (honestly) that you are proficient in other areas but willing (and excited) to learn and develop professionally.
    The follow up interview was fun. I would do it again in a heart beat. It was relaxed and not at all what I expected. They took me out to dinner, drinks, put me up in a hotel and then, after only 3 interviews (an hour each with various levels of employees - up to partner) they took me to lunch. The whole time I am sure that they were assessing how I interacted with the current employees and how they thought I would fit into the role. Nonetheless, they made me feel welcome and comfortable the entire time.
    The take home message here - be yourself. Genuinely prepare for the interview by reading up on their core business functions on the website and sites like this. Know your strengths and be ready to present them in a way that is applicable to their business; it is competitive. But, most of all, be genuine. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • There was no one question that I was thrown that I had not been asked by any other interviewer. Know yourself, your accomplishments and the role because most questions tie the three together to see how you will fit in with the company.   Answer Question