Grant Thornton

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Started off with an on-campus career fair. From there I got invited to a pre-interview dinner where you were able to network with past interns and current staff. It was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that wasn't intimidating at all. The next morning, those who were invited had an on-campus interview that was essentially your standard behavioral interview. All of the core questions were there. The interviewer for me was young and did a really good job at making the interview flow easily. After that I waited about a week and half before I heard from the main campus recruiter. She invited me to an office visit (Chicago Office) with final round interviews being conducted there as well. It spanned over two days. The first evening we were all taken to dinner downtown, where again, we were able to network and speak with current staff at the Grant Thornton office in Chicago. You then went back to the hotel they put you up in for the night. The following morning we were taken to the Chicago office where we had breakfast and a presentation. After this, the interviewees were broken up into their respective fields (BAS, Tax, Audit) and we learned a little more about what went on there. After that, you then went on to do two separate interviews which were largely behavioral based with one or two generic technicals. After this, we got lunch with some of the younger employees who were still recent to Grant Thornton and talked with them. That was pretty much it for the day.
I ended up getting an offer about two weeks later, and was called by employees from the office in addition to my email.

None.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Business Advisory Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Basic on campus interview with 2nd round interview in office. 4 total interviews in all and none too difficult. Asked basic questions off my resume for the most part in all 4 interviews. Nothing technical was asked, but I have heard of them asking technical questions in interviews to other people. One should know a broad overview of the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why I had not chosen other firms since I had previously done their leadership programs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2012.

Initial interview was on campus. This was followed up with an office visit that included three more interviews and lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your friends or family use to describe you?   Answer Question