Grant Thornton Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position at the end of November. After periodically checking on their website to see the status of my application, I received an email requesting a phone interview in mid-January. Within 2 days we had a time set up for 2 days later (so a 4 day span). I was called by the regional recruiter who was located in PA I believe (the position was in NYC). It started off as standard fare: walk me through your resume and experience, etc. It then took an odd turn, when I feel the interviewer was sort of delving too much into my personal matters and underplaying a position I had because it was an unpaid internship- (uh, sorry I wanted experience in my desired field?!). I was actually asked, "well what do you do for money then?" and when I came up with some reply it was as if he still wouldn't let go (I'm a tough cookie, but judgement dripping from his voice-ugh) . Interviewer then told that the hiring manager might want someone with more experience, but that I'd hear back from them.... sure. I had written them off after the vibes from that call and good thing, because they eventually filled the position- I at least would have expected a rejection message; overall it was professional enough.

Interview Questions