Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2013.

Initially there was an on-campus interview with one of the partners. He asked some typical interview questions that you would expect to get a feel for you as a candidate. After a week or so, I received an email from their recruiter telling me that I was invited for an office visit. There were 3 interviews during this time. One with a partner and two with managers. These were all very informal, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do rather than myself. They were trying to sell them as a good place to work. They then took us out to lunch and back to the office to hang out and eat ice cream.

Interview Questions
    • The one that keps coming up was asking what I liked to do in my spare time. They wanted to know how we keep busy outside of work and school to allow for growth outside of work.   Answer Question

For the Tulsa office, it seemed extremely well positioned. They focus on small and mid cap companies, which is perfect for that area. There was a reason why Big 4 moved from the area, but that leaves the market open for GT to thrive.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The campus interview went very well, the interviewer is easygoing and nice to talk with. In the second round, there are three sessions that each one takes about 30 minutes. You can choose morning interview and a lunch later, or a lunch and afternoon interview later. Overall, it's a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2012.

Went to career fair, had a good conversation with a partner, applied through campus career center, got invited to the first round of interviews and now about to do my office visit.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral and pretty simple. It was more like a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

I interviewed with a senior manager on campus. I had met my interviewer days before through recruiting events. After that initial interview I got a call from the recruiter saying they would like me to come up for an office visit. At the office visit I had three one on one interviews with senior managers and a partner. In my last interview received an offer. A accepted a few days later.

That interview was for an internship. At the end of my internship I got another offer to come on full time which I accepted.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

The interview process was very easy and allowed me to get an inside look of the firm. I talked to several people for thirty minutes each. The conversations were not technical at all and were more focused on how I would fit in with the firm. I was highly impressed with the professionalism of the firm and their openness.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2011.

We had a pre-interview dinner that went great. The employees were from offices all over the country. They were full of personality and made dinner an extremely pleasant experience. The interview was the next day and only lasted for about 20 minutes. The only question asked was, "Name one your greatest accomplishments."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2010.

Interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a manager and a partner. The manager was there previously at the pre-interview night - interview consisted of Resume-type, and conversation often got into details about specific life events related to resume. No behavior questions if you have a lot of interesting things on your resume that you can elaborate on and catch their attention.

Interview Questions

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!