Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview by a partner, she was very nice. We talked about the internship position, the requirements of the position, and my location preferences. It was very casual and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the First round interview at school with the campus recruiter, which lasted about 15-20 mins. I received a call about a week later for the "super day" in the office. Interviewed with HR manager, senior manager and partner. Each interview lasted about 30 mins

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, NM) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through college and their career website. First round on site interview was one on one with a manager mainly about behavior questions. The second round interview consisted of coffee with an associate and 3 30-minute interviews higher level executives. They each have the same question sheet asking me the exact same questions. Overall the whole process was stressful, but it was a good experience and the office is super nice. The staffs were very friendly as well.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Two rounds, mainly behavioral questions with some situational questions and questions about working in a team setting. Very friendly interviewers who were happy to answer any questions or concerns I had about the position and seemed to have positive feelings about working at Grant Thornton. I would definitely prepare basic accounting concepts but overall mainly focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially there was an on-campus interview with one of the partners. He asked some typical interview questions that you would expect to get a feel for you as a candidate. After a week or so, I received an email from their recruiter telling me that I was invited for an office visit. There were 3 interviews during this time. One with a partner and two with managers. These were all very informal, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do rather than myself. They were trying to sell them as a good place to work. They then took us out to lunch and back to the office to hang out and eat ice cream.

Interview Questions

• The one that keps coming up was asking what I liked to do in my spare time. They wanted to know how we keep busy outside of work and school to allow for growth outside of work.   Answer Question

For the Tulsa office, it seemed extremely well positioned. They focus on small and mid cap companies, which is perfect for that area. There was a reason why Big 4 moved from the area, but that leaves the market open for GT to thrive.