Grant Thornton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview by a partner, she was very nice. We talked about the internship position, the requirements of the position, and my location preferences. It was very casual and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially there was an on-campus interview with one of the partners. He asked some typical interview questions that you would expect to get a feel for you as a candidate. After a week or so, I received an email from their recruiter telling me that I was invited for an office visit. There were 3 interviews during this time. One with a partner and two with managers. These were all very informal, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do rather than myself. They were trying to sell them as a good place to work. They then took us out to lunch and back to the office to hang out and eat ice cream.

Interview Questions

• The one that keps coming up was asking what I liked to do in my spare time. They wanted to know how we keep busy outside of work and school to allow for growth outside of work.   Answer Question

For the Tulsa office, it seemed extremely well positioned. They focus on small and mid cap companies, which is perfect for that area. There was a reason why Big 4 moved from the area, but that leaves the market open for GT to thrive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The campus interview went very well, the interviewer is easygoing and nice to talk with. In the second round, there are three sessions that each one takes about 30 minutes. You can choose morning interview and a lunch later, or a lunch and afternoon interview later. Overall, it's a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Went to career fair, had a good conversation with a partner, applied through campus career center, got invited to the first round of interviews and now about to do my office visit.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral and pretty simple. It was more like a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and allowed me to get an inside look of the firm. I talked to several people for thirty minutes each. The conversations were not technical at all and were more focused on how I would fit in with the firm. I was highly impressed with the professionalism of the firm and their openness.