Grant Thornton International

Interviewed at Grant Thornton International

Interview Details – one to one on-site interview

Interview Question – how to inspire others   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2012.

Interview Details – First stage interviews are 1-on-1 provided on campus through the College of Business at the University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign. Second stage interviews consist of a half-day office visit and tour ending with a 1-on-1 interview with senior management. The full-time offer is sent out about 7-10 days after the second stage interview.

Interview Questions

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was average, with phone screen, 1 on 1 with several associates, managers and partners, and a background check.

Interview Question – Why not choose a Big 4 firm.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process begins with a telephone screening asking some basic questions regarding your academic history, motives for joining the accounting profession, basic impressions of GT, and your choice and reasoning as to either tax or audit. Once approved, you are invited to the local office along with a group of other applicants. An HR representative gives you a tour of the offices and the individual interviews begin shortly thereafter. The interview process is conducted in rounds where each applicant is passed between individual managers and partners of either tax or audit. To the best of my memory, I interviewed with at least 3 individuals. At the end of the day, accepted applicants are discreetly asked to remain behind and are given a formal written offer with a tiered bonus package depending on the date of acceptance.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in November 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter was so not polite. I missed his call, he didnot leave a voicemail. When I tried to return his call, he never called me back. I wrote an email He never responded. It is just not nice to call me and never get back.

Interview Question – Describe a conflict situation.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in September 2009.

Interview Details – Meet and greet held the night before for candidates at local restaurant. On-campus interview the following day. Interviewers seemed disinterested about even being there. Even made inappropriate comments at the meet and greet the night before. Gave positive feedback throughout the interview, but then never called.

Interview Question – Describe a time you used problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2009.

Interview Details – 30 min on campus then an office visit

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our firm over the Big 4   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in August 2008.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, site visit and interviews with managers.

Interview Question – Recent accounting guidance/news?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2010.

Interview Details – First interview with HR or with a Partner, Second interview is with 2 more partners and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation, they didn't ask what salary I wanted, they simply made an offer.

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in August 2008.

Interview Details – THe interview from start to finish was a smooth process, however there was a slight issue with communication. I had to chase the employer a couple of times to speed up the process. Furthermore the numerical and verbal reasoning tests were quite difficult although retakes are possible for strong candidates.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 1 years time.   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton International? Contribute to the Community!