Grant Thornton International Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

one to one on-site interview

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton International

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2012.

First stage interviews are 1-on-1 provided on campus through the College of Business at the University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign. Second stage interviews consist of a half-day office visit and tour ending with a 1-on-1 interview with senior management. The full-time offer is sent out about 7-10 days after the second stage interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life in which you've had to overcome a significant challenge.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in April 2009.

The interview process was average, with phone screen, 1 on 1 with several associates, managers and partners, and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in December 2008.

The interview process begins with a telephone screening asking some basic questions regarding your academic history, motives for joining the accounting profession, basic impressions of GT, and your choice and reasoning as to either tax or audit. Once approved, you are invited to the local office along with a group of other applicants. An HR representative gives you a tour of the offices and the individual interviews begin shortly thereafter. The interview process is conducted in rounds where each applicant is passed between individual managers and partners of either tax or audit. To the best of my memory, I interviewed with at least 3 individuals. At the end of the day, accepted applicants are discreetly asked to remain behind and are given a formal written offer with a tiered bonus package depending on the date of acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in November 2009.

The recruiter was so not polite. I missed his call, he didnot leave a voicemail. When I tried to return his call, he never called me back. I wrote an email He never responded. It is just not nice to call me and never get back.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in September 2009.

Meet and greet held the night before for candidates at local restaurant. On-campus interview the following day. Interviewers seemed disinterested about even being there. Even made inappropriate comments at the meet and greet the night before. Gave positive feedback throughout the interview, but then never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2009.

30 min on campus then an office visit

no negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in August 2008.

On-campus interview, site visit and interviews with managers.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2010.

First interview with HR or with a Partner, Second interview is with 2 more partners and HR.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation, they didn't ask what salary I wanted, they simply made an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in August 2008.

THe interview from start to finish was a smooth process, however there was a slight issue with communication. I had to chase the employer a couple of times to speed up the process. Furthermore the numerical and verbal reasoning tests were quite difficult although retakes are possible for strong candidates.

Interview Questions

Worked for Grant Thornton International? Contribute to the Community!