Grant Thornton International Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus. Invited for a first round interview on campus, and then invited for a dinner and a final round interview at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral. What would you do in an uncomfortable client situation. How do you handle stress. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had a conflict with a supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton International

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

one to one on-site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

First stage interviews are 1-on-1 provided on campus through the College of Business at the University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign. Second stage interviews consist of a half-day office visit and tour ending with a 1-on-1 interview with senior management. The full-time offer is sent out about 7-10 days after the second stage interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life in which you've had to overcome a significant challenge.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The recruiter was so not polite. I missed his call, he didnot leave a voicemail. When I tried to return his call, he never called me back. I wrote an email He never responded. It is just not nice to call me and never get back.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International in September 2009.

Interview

Meet and greet held the night before for candidates at local restaurant. On-campus interview the following day. Interviewers seemed disinterested about even being there. Even made inappropriate comments at the meet and greet the night before. Gave positive feedback throughout the interview, but then never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process was average, with phone screen, 1 on 1 with several associates, managers and partners, and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Denver, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

30 min on campus then an office visit

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process begins with a telephone screening asking some basic questions regarding your academic history, motives for joining the accounting profession, basic impressions of GT, and your choice and reasoning as to either tax or audit. Once approved, you are invited to the local office along with a group of other applicants. An HR representative gives you a tour of the offices and the individual interviews begin shortly thereafter. The interview process is conducted in rounds where each applicant is passed between individual managers and partners of either tax or audit. To the best of my memory, I interviewed with at least 3 individuals. At the end of the day, accepted applicants are discreetly asked to remain behind and are given a formal written offer with a tiered bonus package depending on the date of acceptance.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2010.

Interview

First interview with HR or with a Partner, Second interview is with 2 more partners and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation, they didn't ask what salary I wanted, they simply made an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International in August 2008.

Interview

On-campus interview, site visit and interviews with managers.