Grant Thornton International Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus. Invited for a first round interview on campus, and then invited for a dinner and a final round interview at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral. What would you do in an uncomfortable client situation. How do you handle stress. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had a conflict with a supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

Had a series of 4 interviews, each 30 minutes long. Technical questions regarding things like calendar management and travel booking were asked. The people were very nice and enthusiastic. The interview with HR is in the initial phase and they basically screen you and make sure that you are qualified and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What my passion and goals are. At the time, I had not done enough self reflection to answer this well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and that was a huge mistake on my end. I could have been in a much better situation in the end if I had.

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (Alexandria, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called and spoke with me for roghly 30 minutes. His boss then followed up with a secondary screening to ensure I was capable and qualified. After the phone calls I had one day with 3 interview with management/high level coworkers then second In-person round with the head/partner responsible for the group

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, but were not in line with what the HR staff initially mentioned the position was for.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

one to one on-site interview

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

On-campus interview - Mainly Q's about why audit/accounting/GT? Overall conversational.

Office interview - 3, 30 minute interviews with varying levels. Q's about resume and just conversational. Very laid back. No behavioral questions.

Both interview days had a lunch/dinner the day before. Good opportunity to meet employees and ask questions about whatever.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected. Why GT? Why Audit? Why Accounting? How did your leadership role in so and so help?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online; they contacted me a couple of weeks ago. Scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went pretty well. Questions were very standard - 3 strentghs and examples, the riskiest decision made, etc. She was very open about how the partners are busy so it might take me a while to hear back from her. I waited a while, didnt hear from her. I called her, emailed her a couple of times, and not a word. Not cool! Not that I'm so excited to get another "we regret to inform you' email, but I thought it would be appropriate to at least get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

First stage interviews are 1-on-1 provided on campus through the College of Business at the University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign. Second stage interviews consist of a half-day office visit and tour ending with a 1-on-1 interview with senior management. The full-time offer is sent out about 7-10 days after the second stage interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life in which you've had to overcome a significant challenge.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (Alexandria, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

pretty standard - behavioral questions and some technical questions, almost all having to do with my resume. told a few stories and kept it light. came from Deloitte so was able to easily draw contrasts between the two and why I wanted to work for GT.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a number and they met the number.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (Kansas City, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty good questions. Nothing in particular stands out as all that difficult. Average situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which a difficult task did not turn out the way you thought it would?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you failed to live up to expectations?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton International (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

As with most Accounting jobs there is a lot of network that needs to be done from the beginning. Attending the twice yearly Meet the Firms event at my college was the fist step. I met professionals from GT and kept in contact with them. After an interview for an three day Externship, I was notified that I had been offered a position in their externship program. The interview for this was very relaxed. I felt like right when I sat down with my interviewer we struck up a conversation and the next thing I knew it was over. After the externship is interviews for an internship. This is a full day process, with an office tour and three-four interviews. Once again all my interviews were very relaxed. The one thing that sold me to GT was how much I felt like they were actually trying to get to know me, and see if I would fit in with their company culture. I never understood this whole word about "Corporate culture" until I felt myself so comforted in their office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was straight out of college and not to experienced in that department, but I also felt that the packade they offered me was more than I had expected.