Grant Thornton International

2.8

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in January 2008.

I first had a phone interview followed by an on-site interview with multiple members of the audit group as well as senior management. I had a total of four people I met with. We also went with a group to lunch to discuss culture and see how I fit in with the team. An offer was given via the phone and then sent in a package by mail.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2007.

My initial contact with GT started out when a friend had pass along my resume to a GT employee that he worked with in the past. A few weeks later, I was contacted by their HR office for a phone interview. The phone interview was around 1hour. The phone interview was very pleasant and the question was mostly about my work experiences. After the phone interview, I was invited for an office visit. This is where I did the actual 1 on 1 interview. There was 2 round of interview in the office - usually at this interview you will sit down with a senior manager or partner. The question were mostly behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you did that you were proud of.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2007.

Since I was referred by a current employee, the process was very easy. Dealing with the Recruiting Department was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How do your skills from a previous position translate into the accounting world?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a flexible work schedule and telecommuting.

Audit Trainee Interview

Applied online. 5 competency questions about what differentiated the company from competitors, areas where I showed flexibility, when I made a positive impact.
    Did the online numeracy and verbal English tests which were kenexa
    After this I had the telephone interview. Questions were similar to the online form. Wh gt, why audit, why chosen office location, how the current economic climate affected gt and its clients.
    It was assessment day which was divided into 3 parts. First was partner case study. He asked questions about trends and solutions to the problems.
    Then 1:1 interview which was similar to the telephone. Followed by a group presentation.

Graduate Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in April 2013.

The hiring process consisted of filling out an application form, doing some online psychometric tests, followed by a preliminary phone interview, from which I was invited to an Assessment Centre. The Assessment centre consisted of three activities-team exercise, individual "invention" test and interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain accounting to a five year old...I kid you not, they asked that!   Answer Question

Graduate Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

CV + Cover Letter Application, Phone Interview, 1vs1 interview with HR, written & math assessment, interview with senior director.

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Pre-interview with their internal recruiter was very positive. The in-person interview was also positive. I don't think it was the right next step for me now, and they didn't think I was the right fit either, which is fine. It's always nice to meet new professionals in the same industry. However, after an in-person interview it's a bit weak to send the "thanks but no thanks" form email to a candidate. Would seem that a quick note from the executive with whom I interviewed would be more appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or unfair. A thorough review of my background and questions about what I would do in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in February 2012.

The interviewer himself was very friendly and we basically had a conversation about all things, from vintage cameras to backpacking. He did ask a couple of questions such as why this major? Have you applied for other finance jobs and what do you know about the company?

Interview Questions
    • What are you doing Master of Finance if you're applying for Auditing   Answer Question

Audit Associate Intern Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in November 2010.

It was a long process of meeting people at career fairs and info sessions. The first interview was one on-campus interview for 30 min. It took 2 weeks to get invited for an in office interview and another week to schedule it. The in office interview consisted of 3 interviews (manager, senior manager, hr). At that point it's not really behavioral questions. They're mostly just interested in learning about you and hoping that you have good questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you worked in a team and had to deal with difficulties in coordinating them?   Answer Question
    • What is an accomplishment you are particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2010.

There is usually a pre-interview social the night before. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow candidates and current employees of the company.

The next day, the interview consisted of a 30 minute interview with one of the senior partners of the firm followed by a second 30 minute interview with one of the managers in whatever division you are interested in (i.e. Audit Manager, BAS Manager).

There is a chance you'll be offered the position the same day, but usually they will call you back in for an group office visit the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client was questioning what you told them and/or being difficult during an audit assignment? (They want to see how you would handle conflict).   Answer Question