Grant Thornton International Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in September 2009.

It was a on-campus interview where I was asked " Name me 3 accomplishments which you are proud about, it can be a personal or professional accomplishment"? The best advise I would give would be understand yourself as much as you can, only you know yourself best.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 accomplishments that you are proud about, it could be a personal or professional accomplishment?   Answer Question

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in September 2009.

Horrid. Took them nine months to get an offer out to me. Led me on as if I would start the next week the entire time. I was then laid off 5 months after starting work along with all the other new hires. Took longer to interview with than was actually employed. Will never return to this over priced poor excuse for a big 4 firm. Going back to PwC....cant believe I'm saying that.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in April 2009.

The interview process was average, with phone screen, 1 on 1 with several associates, managers and partners, and a background check.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton International in December 2008.

The interview process begins with a telephone screening asking some basic questions regarding your academic history, motives for joining the accounting profession, basic impressions of GT, and your choice and reasoning as to either tax or audit. Once approved, you are invited to the local office along with a group of other applicants. An HR representative gives you a tour of the offices and the individual interviews begin shortly thereafter. The interview process is conducted in rounds where each applicant is passed between individual managers and partners of either tax or audit. To the best of my memory, I interviewed with at least 3 individuals. At the end of the day, accepted applicants are discreetly asked to remain behind and are given a formal written offer with a tiered bonus package depending on the date of acceptance.