Grant Thornton International Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in June 2014.

Recruiter called and spoke with me for roghly 30 minutes. His boss then followed up with a secondary screening to ensure I was capable and qualified. After the phone calls I had one day with 3 interview with management/high level coworkers then second In-person round with the head/partner responsible for the group

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, but were not in line with what the HR staff initially mentioned the position was for.   View Answer

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in February 2012.

pretty standard - behavioral questions and some technical questions, almost all having to do with my resume. told a few stories and kept it light. came from Deloitte so was able to easily draw contrasts between the two and why I wanted to work for GT.

Interview Questions
    I had a number and they met the number.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2010.

I got the my first interview on campus. After a week I was invited for an office vist and interview 3-5. We had dinner the night before at a local restaurant where i got to meet most the department staff, managers, and partners. They all ptomote the GT work life balance. Over all it was a great experience, they are looking for a candidate eager to learn, with the credentials that shows the ability to do so.

Interview Questions
    I am waiting to get an offer then start the salary negociations... I will update you guys on that....

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2010.

Applied through university and received a chance to meet with two partners and the recruiter at their federal practice. There were three other candidates there, but I was the only one with an IT related background. Recruiter talked about positions, career progression, company, etc. First partner asked what my background/strengths were. Second partner asked about what I was interested in to see if I would stay long term - I mentioned IT security, which is a stable and growing field, especially at GT.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a coworker or teammate.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in December 2008.

It was not too difficult. There was an event and I met the people who would be interviewing me. The interview was relaxed but exhaustive. Offers were made based on the interview.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2008.

The on campus interview was a very standard interview which asked behavioral questions. Within a week, I received an invitation to attend an in office interview. The in office interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner, interviews with a partner and a manager, and presentations on benefits, company information, and an office tour. Within a week after that, I received my internship offer and had about 2 weeks to respond, which I was able to extend to about a month.

In general, employees were very welcoming and relaxed. The offices were very nice and in a prime location. Work culture was very relaxed, as well. In general, as long as people get their work done, it seems that the company is flexible.

No ability to negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in March 2007.

Since I was referred by a current employee, the process was very easy. Dealing with the Recruiting Department was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How do your skills from a previous position translate into the accounting world?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a flexible work schedule and telecommuting.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton International in October 2007.

My initial contact with GT started out when a friend had pass along my resume to a GT employee that he worked with in the past. A few weeks later, I was contacted by their HR office for a phone interview. The phone interview was around 1hour. The phone interview was very pleasant and the question was mostly about my work experiences. After the phone interview, I was invited for an office visit. This is where I did the actual 1 on 1 interview. There was 2 round of interview in the office - usually at this interview you will sit down with a senior manager or partner. The question were mostly behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you did that you were proud of.   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton International? Contribute to the Community!