Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.7

IT Security Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

3 phone interviews. Pretty standard questioning. Background and walk through resume. Standard HR questions. Test of troubleshooting skills. Walk through of a situation in which someone needed computer basic help.

Grow With Grant Thornton Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with one employee. Very relaxed interview. He told me a lot about the position and asked very generic questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed to care a lot about me and my interests. The recruiter sat outside the room and once I left she talked to me about my experience and was very upfront with when I was to be hearing from them on the outcome of the interview. Very quick turn around as I heard back 2 days later that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• More about myself and what I wanted to do in the future than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me I got accepted into the program and I said yes to their invitation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Camden, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively smooth. Three rounds of interviews - over the phone with the HR recruiter and Director. Then in-person with Director, Partner, Senior Associate and a PM (contractor). Mostly behavioral questions except from the PM - he asked several technical questions.

Although the interviews were ok, I experienced a couple of issues -

1. The recruiter failed to provide details about the interview location and contact person. They also failed to cover expenses (tolls and parking). I'm also interviewing with a Big 4 firm and they provided a contact person at the location and also offered to cover my mileage to the interview.

2. I received no post interview feedback at all (for any round). It's been about a 1.5 weeks since the last interview and I reached out to the recruiter and got no response. Again the Big 4 recruiter provided immediate feedback after my Director interview.

3. I didn't receive any background info on who I was supposed to be interviewing with (GT Director and Partner). The Big 4 recruiter provided extensive bios on both the Director and Partner. It's nice to know a little something about who you're going to be speaking with so that way you can try and form a connection.

I guess those are the little things that a Big 4 more desirable to work for.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day single interview with two people. About 30 minutes each where they give a description of what the job would be like and how your position would contribute to the group. Give tour of the office, meet a couple people. None of the questions are too difficult, they love Excel skills and organization. Deadlines and attention to detail are important, they make this clear.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you? Describe how you are organized.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one with a Senior Associate and another with a Managing Partner. Both interviews were based off of my resume and interest in the firm, with some other typical interview questions as well. I got the opportunity to ask each of the interviewers questions about their careers and the firm.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with one of their Audit partners. He basically went top to bottom through my resume asking questions about each thing. After we went through everything, I asked him several questions regarding Grant Thornton.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you currently taking? Which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

Business Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First attended an on-campus recruitment session. They chose a select number of us who attended to invite down to their office the following week. They put us up in a hotel and held interviews starting at 9:30 with partners, senior associates, and senior managers. They were one-on-one interviews conducted in 30-min segment and while some of us interviewed, the others socialized with current employees and also took a tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?
      Tell me about yourself and why you want the position.

Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2015.

Interview

Simple 30 minute conversation with the recruiter. Most of the questions were behavioral- They are also looking for people who are able to work in groups. The recruiter spends a lot of time talking about the conference and the company and the background. Recruiter also asks what field of accounting you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time outside of school when you had to work in a group   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very low key. Before the interview I chatted with some GT associates who gave me a bunch of information on the company and asked about my current studies. Everyone was super friendly. When it came time to do the interview proper we talked about what I wanted to do as an accountant/why I chose audit. We joked around a bit and the interviewer answered all of my questions about the company. Overall a very low stress experience.

Interview Questions

• What ways would I use the experience from the SLP to better myself?   Answer Question