Grant Thornton Auditing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met surge 2 partners, 1 senior manager and went out to lunch with two lower level employees. Everyone was very nice and answered questions honestly. It seems like they have a very good culture- better than big 4 at least. The lunch was very good as well. Not sure if they chose this restaurant especially for me but it was the nicest place in the immediate area.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone screening with a recruiter, two weeks later 30-45 min interviews with 2 managers, and two weeks after that another 30-40 min interview with a partner. Only one interviewer asked me behavioral questions. The others were mostly about my experience and skills.

BAS IT Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was contacted one month later. As usual, one phone screening follow by a super day with three full time senior associates and directors. The interviews are all behavioral. Just make sure you know why the company, why the position, what you can contribute, know how to solve conflicts, know the position, know the company...

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring procedure consisted of 3 rounds of interview. first was a one hour session with 2 audit partners and then a 30 min interview each with 2 senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Interview was majorly behavioral and included questions from my past experience and expectations from a senior associate.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I applied through an employee at the office I was interested in. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. Had a brief talk with her and received an email shortly after about setting up a phone interview with a manager. After that the recruiter called again and we were able to set up an office visit. At the visit I met with two managers and a partner. Received a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions from recruiter and manager were focused on location and background of the past few years. Office visit questions were very focused on how I would fit in and a large percent of the time was me asking questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

IT Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

There was a pre-interview social the night before on campus. There were two back to back interviews on campus which I did not know going into it. Both interviewers were very nice and open to answering any and all questions. I received a verbal offer a little over a week later. Went to an office visit with other students who received offers.

Interview Questions

Received an offer for a position that interested me more. If I did not receive the other offer I would have happily accepted GT's offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview, the questions were basic in trying to judge whether if your a good "fit" for the firm. One on one with the partners at the office locations. Received a phone call for the offer the very next day.