Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Networked with connections in the surrounding area to get in touch with recruiter. Email exchange and a phone call with recruiter got me a phone screen. The phone Interview was with a Manager. Friendly, and asked mostly behavioral questions. I heard from recruiter about a week later saying they would be pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team member who was hostile or had a differing opinion from yours.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First was phone screening, followed by an office visit. On office visit, I interviewed with three people (senior, director and partner). Interviews were standard questions mostly asking about experiences, knowledge of industry and why looking to join GT. Nothing out of the ordinary. Overall pretty regular in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position   1 Answer

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very smooth, pre screen, first round interview, second round in house, decisions are made. The HR team is great at GT and if you have any questions, they like that you show interest in reaching out

Interview Questions

• What is one quality that differentiates you from the other applicants?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

The office interviews consisted of an interview with 3 different partners/managers. There was also a lunch with a an associate and senior associate. The questions asked were fairly standard and the people were very kind. During the office visit, there were various sessions that told about the values of the company and how they operate.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

interviewed by 3 partners....they asked very general and non invasive questions. Mostly about my personal life, previous work experiences, experiences which helped me develop as a professional. They were more interested in me as a person as opposed to me as an accountant. They wanted to see if i would be contribute as a member of their team.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you experienced adversity in the workplace or in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

HR very friendly and flexible. I Interviews with 4 people in total. Found the process very easy, although a little slow. Very professional, and instructions was very clear. Interview questions was very standard.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a one day interview. Met with 4 people. 2 managers, a member of HR, and a partner. They were very nice and asked good questions. Not too many technical questions, more asking about what I did on past jobs and why I want to work at this firm. They were very engaging and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very friendly and straight forward.

FVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I was referred by an employee registered online and submitted an application. After the phone interview I can in and interviewed with a manager and the partner. Then got a call from recruiter and had to negotiate salary.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Iselin, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

went ok, met with a couple of partners and a senior director at a restaurant for an informal lunch which included discussing potential jobs for me there and went on for nearly 2 hours

Interview Questions

• How will I handle the adjustment to public accounting after being in the private world for so many years   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

After a phone interview which consisted of only the basic details and work permit status, a face to face interview was scheduled for 3 days later. The interview was conducted by a member of HR team along with the Manager of the Cyber Security Team. They gave insight into the company for initial 10 minutes. But they don't even bother to revert if you are not selected.