Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Like most public accounting firms, interviews began on my college campus. Once I made it past that stage, there were four 30 minute interviews at the office I had applied for. They also had an optional (highly suggest you intend, though) "pre-night" event at a local restaurant. This gave you an opportunity to get to know more of the staff, so you can get the feel if the company is the right fit for you outside of the office.

National Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Long process, interviewer was not prepared, several telephone calls were made and missed the conversation, 1 on 1 was better but location was in transition, no attractive, new locatin is more appealing

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do next   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Two rounds, mainly behavioral questions with some situational questions and questions about working in a team setting. Very friendly interviewers who were happy to answer any questions or concerns I had about the position and seemed to have positive feelings about working at Grant Thornton. I would definitely prepare basic accounting concepts but overall mainly focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was overall pretty easy. They came to campus to recruit, went to the pre-interview reception. I had one interview on campus, all behavioral, very personable interviewer. He asked questions about my resume for the most part. I talked about my background, why I chose the school I did, my major, why consulting etc. I got invited within a week to come to the office. I went to the office and had two more interviews, they gave us a tour of the office, took us to lunch, on the way home I got a call for an offer.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my University recruiting. I had an interview with a partner and it was very easy and informative. The night before the interview we had dinner at a nice restaurant in town and we spoke with associates and partners and it made the interview process the next day a lot easier knowing who we would be meeting. Then I was asked for a second office interview and before that we had a social event with more associates and other recruits that would be at the office visit and we bowled and talked with the associates. Then we had the office visit and we were toured around and there were 2 interviews, one with a senior associate and one with a director. Once again very conversational easy interviews. The office visit also included a lunch with associates. I was called the next day with an offer! I loved the firm I just had another offer that I felt was a better fit for me.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then interview in person. Never got to the second step though.

They were very nice. Phone interview are basic general questions to weed people out, which I know now.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the First round interview at school with the campus recruiter, which lasted about 15-20 mins. I received a call about a week later for the "super day" in the office. Interviewed with HR manager, senior manager and partner. Each interview lasted about 30 mins

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phila, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

really nice people regardless of how high up they were. talked to you like you were already in the firm. genuinely showed they appreciated everyone there. first interview was a phone screening. the second one was onsite at the office, and consisted of three separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• name one of your biggest accomplishments, and how did you feel after you completed it.   Answer Question

BAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen followed be meeting a manager then senior manager and partner of the group.

Basic understanding of excel powerpoint, admin, college background
    Went out for lunch for the final interview with the partner and senior manager.
    Great group of people to work for

Interview Questions

• What classes did you think were interesting and how would you apply them to real life situations   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview was good, overall i had a very good experience right from aptitude to group discussion and to the the final round of interview. they asked finance concepts, marketing concepts.