Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Audit Experienced Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 min telephone screening with a recruiter, two weeks later 30-45 min interviews with 2 managers, and two weeks after that another 30-40 min interview with a partner. Only one interviewer asked me behavioral questions. The others were mostly about my experience and skills.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one with a Senior Associate and another with a Managing Partner. Both interviews were based off of my resume and interest in the firm, with some other typical interview questions as well. I got the opportunity to ask each of the interviewers questions about their careers and the firm.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with one of their Audit partners. He basically went top to bottom through my resume asking questions about each thing. After we went through everything, I asked him several questions regarding Grant Thornton.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you currently taking? Which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very low key. Before the interview I chatted with some GT associates who gave me a bunch of information on the company and asked about my current studies. Everyone was super friendly. When it came time to do the interview proper we talked about what I wanted to do as an accountant/why I chose audit. We joked around a bit and the interviewer answered all of my questions about the company. Overall a very low stress experience.

Interview Questions

• What ways would I use the experience from the SLP to better myself?   Answer Question

Business Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First attended an on-campus recruitment session. They chose a select number of us who attended to invite down to their office the following week. They put us up in a hotel and held interviews starting at 9:30 with partners, senior associates, and senior managers. They were one-on-one interviews conducted in 30-min segment and while some of us interviewed, the others socialized with current employees and also took a tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton? Tell me about yourself and why you want the position.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2015.

Interview

Simple 30 minute conversation with the recruiter. Most of the questions were behavioral- They are also looking for people who are able to work in groups. The recruiter spends a lot of time talking about the conference and the company and the background. Recruiter also asks what field of accounting you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time outside of school when you had to work in a group   Answer Question

Advisory Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

At first the process moved fairly quickly and smoothly. I had an initial phone screening, then met two senior level executives in an office visit and then had two additional phone interviews. Once my final interview was conducted, I thought I would receive a response within a week but it took several weeks to get the final feedback, despite some mixed messages.

BAS IT Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was contacted one month later. As usual, one phone screening follow by a super day with three full time senior associates and directors. The interviews are all behavioral. Just make sure you know why the company, why the position, what you can contribute, know how to solve conflicts, know the position, know the company...

Tax Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online a while ago (experienced hire) Initial phone screen about thirty minutes, about one day or two afterwards got the office interview invitation Two partners and one senior manager in the office about three hours Pretty casual and pleasant atmosphere. They mainly focused on the work experience instead of behavioral questions. Try to be confidence, positive, and easy to talk to. Do not get nervous or stressed.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about work experience None behavioral questions. Pleasant and casual   Answer Question