Grant Thornton

2.7

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Started off with an on-campus career fair. From there I got invited to a pre-interview dinner where you were able to network with past interns and current staff. It was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that wasn't intimidating at all. The next morning, those who were invited had an on-campus interview that was essentially your standard behavioral interview. All of the core questions were there. The interviewer for me was young and did a really good job at making the interview flow easily. After that I waited about a week and half before I heard from the main campus recruiter. She invited me to an office visit (Chicago Office) with final round interviews being conducted there as well. It spanned over two days. The first evening we were all taken to dinner downtown, where again, we were able to network and speak with current staff at the Grant Thornton office in Chicago. You then went back to the hotel they put you up in for the night. The following morning we were taken to the Chicago office where we had breakfast and a presentation. After this, the interviewees were broken up into their respective fields (BAS, Tax, Audit) and we learned a little more about what went on there. After that, you then went on to do two separate interviews which were largely behavioral based with one or two generic technicals. After this, we got lunch with some of the younger employees who were still recent to Grant Thornton and talked with them. That was pretty much it for the day.
    I ended up getting an offer about two weeks later, and was called by employees from the office in addition to my email.

None.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

Passed my CV in the front desk and was informed that a Senior Audit Associate with 2-3 years experience is open for job application. I was scheduled on an interview with the Audit Manager 2 days after. Interview went well. Many technical question where as specifically competencies on IFRS and IAS. At the end of the interview, the audit manager told me that they were looking for Senior Associate with at least 4-5 years of experience.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

BAS Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was very enjoyable. It began with a pre-interview dinner the night before the main interview. According to my recruiter, the dinner's purpose was to get the applicants more comfortable before the interviews, let the employees interact with applicants, and to let the applicants ask any questions before the next day. The following day interview took from 8:30am - 2:30pm. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews, followed by an hour of information sessions, lunch, and then a small panel of current employees to answer applicant questions about working at GT. The entire process was very supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. "What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Overall pretty simple process applied by school carrer management got an email with an on campus interview. Had 2 40 minute interviews. Got another email for a office interview, i went had another 2 interviews with a couple of partners and got the call back for an offer within 2 day

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate thought the offer was good considering I have no experience

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2010.

The process was fairly typically of other firms for college hires. There were on campus and in office interviews, followed by an 'Explore your offer" day where a number of students went to the office and walked through their offer with HR, while also having lunch with a "buddy" (who worked at the firm) and a couple of Partner/Principal presentations.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a signing bonus when I mentioned that I had competing offers with higher bases, and that I wanted to join GT but also wanted to be financially responsible.

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   View Answer