Grant Thornton

174 candidate interviews

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Valuation Services Associate Interview

Valuation Services Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – GT typically recruits on campus, sending currently employed alumni to deliver the presentations, collect resumes, and conduct on-campus interviews. Typically these occur two weeks or so before on-site interviews, which consist of approximately 4 half-hour interviews with managers, a service-line overview presentation, and lunch, wrapping up around 2:00-2:30pm.

Interview Question – It depends which job role you're applying for. If you interested in the financial instruments aspect of the job, questions get pretty technical. Otherwise, interviews are purely behavioral and "why are you interested in the work" targeted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got an offer the day of my interview and was given approximately three weeks to decide, although HR said I could take more time if I needed it. They are flexible with school requirements/career services offices.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Telephone interview,

Negotiation Details – none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Applied on their official site and through school career site. Got a response about a week and a half later and scheduled an interview for a few days after that.

First professional interview, felt really comfortable during the whole process. Started out with some "tell me about yourself" into basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tough challenges you've faced   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2013.

Interview Details – They wanted to see my personality and how I interact with people. They didn't ask any technical questions. Most

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about things on my resume and for me to explain them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. A simple take-it or leave-it offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – Applied through campus job fair. Process took around one month from initial interview to job offer. On campus interview was first. Following the on campus interview, I was invited to visit the office. At the office visit, met with several different people, ranging from manager to partner. Great experience overall.

Interview Question – Primarily behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

Interview Question – Some about yourself not on the resume   Answer Question

BAS Associate Interview

BAS Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

Intern Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Interview Question – Why Grant Thornton?   Answer Question