Grant Thornton

170 candidate interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Question – Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Question – Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

Business Advisory Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I received an interview call through my interaction with GT professionals at a Career fair

Interview Question – The first round of interview was behavioral interview and I was asked number of "Tell me a time when..." questions. Also, some time was spent on resume based questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

Interview Details – Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done by management

Manager Interview

Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the end client of Grant Thornton first. Since the client liked me, Grant Thornton had no problem extending an offer.

Business Advisory Services Interview

Business Advisory Services
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on campus. This was followed up with an office visit that included three more interviews and lunch.

Interview Question – What three words would your friends or family use to describe you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

Interview Question – Why GT?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Question – Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Interview Question – No difficult questions..just a review of my resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton