Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

BAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2010.

Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Forensic Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

It was an on campus interview and has a pre-night for you talk to various people in the company. The recruiters are very nice and the first round interview are common behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • First round is behavior questions, basically asking you why GT, why this position, why you, how can you fit into the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Questions
    • Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question