Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

A phone interview asking me basic questions like if I have drive, why I would like to work here, etc... Then an in office interview that lasted 45 minutes. It was more like a conversation about my resume.

Interview Questions

• How was this experience like (experiences on my resume)?   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very low key. Before the interview I chatted with some GT associates who gave me a bunch of information on the company and asked about my current studies. Everyone was super friendly. When it came time to do the interview proper we talked about what I wanted to do as an accountant/why I chose audit. We joked around a bit and the interviewer answered all of my questions about the company. Overall a very low stress experience.

Interview Questions

• What ways would I use the experience from the SLP to better myself?   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with one employee. Very relaxed interview. He told me a lot about the position and asked very generic questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed to care a lot about me and my interests. The recruiter sat outside the room and once I left she talked to me about my experience and was very upfront with when I was to be hearing from them on the outcome of the interview. Very quick turn around as I heard back 2 days later that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• More about myself and what I wanted to do in the future than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me I got accepted into the program and I said yes to their invitation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA).

Interview

One day single interview with two people. About 30 minutes each where they give a description of what the job would be like and how your position would contribute to the group. Give tour of the office, meet a couple people. None of the questions are too difficult, they love Excel skills and organization. Deadlines and attention to detail are important, they make this clear.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you? Describe how you are organized.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2015.

Interview

Simple 30 minute conversation with the recruiter. Most of the questions were behavioral- They are also looking for people who are able to work in groups. The recruiter spends a lot of time talking about the conference and the company and the background. Recruiter also asks what field of accounting you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time outside of school when you had to work in a group   Answer Question

Business Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First attended an on-campus recruitment session. They chose a select number of us who attended to invite down to their office the following week. They put us up in a hotel and held interviews starting at 9:30 with partners, senior associates, and senior managers. They were one-on-one interviews conducted in 30-min segment and while some of us interviewed, the others socialized with current employees and also took a tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?
      Tell me about yourself and why you want the position.

Answer Question

Summer Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the interview by going to networking events and going to my school's career fair. I was invited to a social and then to an interview with the Tax Manager at the firm. Honestly it felt like I was interviewing the manager at times, it was probably the most enjoyable interview I ever had. I asked him questions about his interests outside of work, travels, activities, family/friends etc.The biggest piece of advice that I can give anyone interviewing for this conference is to sell yourself, highlight the best aspects about your personality, your strengths, experiences in working with teams and what you specifically did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working as an Accounting tutor?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended to a test as the first stage of the hiring process. The role was to determine your logical, mathematical and accounting skills. It was average in difficulty. However very little time was given.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out the online application
    Received a call from their HR department for a quick talk about previous experience.
    Attended first interview with 3 other people. 1 person through VC.
    Completed online tests, 4 in total, personality test, mathematical, verbal & a patterns test.
    Attended second interview, with another 2 over VC, myself & a senior person in the room.

Overall, great experience, really friendly down to earth staff. Would certainly recommend to others.

Interview Questions

• How many people are at each interstate office?   Answer Question
    • Do you believe in Aliens? (Although strange to some extent, creates for a more enjoyable interview)   Answer Question
    • How to troubleshoot outlook not receiving new mail   Answer Question
    • 2 ways to map a network drive   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, first an on campus interview with a manager/senior manager. The interview was your standard interview with no real curve balls. Typical questions such as tell me about yourself, why public accounting, why audit, why Grant Thornton. There were one or two behavioral questions. Second round of interview consisted of going to the GT office and there were three back to back interviews and then we went to lunch as a whole group with some of the A1's and A2's that already worked there. The interviews were about 20-30 minutes each and consisted of the same kind of questions as the first round just less behavioral questions I think I only had one or two between all of the interviews. My interviewers were a director, a manager, and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and your opinion differed from others on the team and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question