Grant Thornton

170 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I had lots of exposure to the company through Meet the Firms and Beta Alpha Psi events. The first interview was a 1:1 on campus interview. The second interview consisted of 3 - 1:1 in office interviews with 2 partners and 1 senior manager. Group lunch after the office interviews, 2 candidates and 3 associates. Received an offer within 2 days of second interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.   Answer Question

Global Public Sector Interview

Global Public Sector
Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details – A single behavior interview, lasted about an hour. No case questions, mostly a resume walk through and maybe 2-3 situational type questions. Generally very easygoing, was not expecting for the interview to be so relaxed. The Global Public Sector position works almost entirely as a federal contractor, so show some interest in working with different government departments.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you had to stand up against your group or team.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Campus interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you realized you made a mistake and had to correct it. How did you handle it and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nonexistent. Take it or leave it.

Business Advisory Services, Associate Interview

Business Advisory Services, Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process for Grant Thornton consisted of two rounds and a pre-interview dinner. The first round, in my situation, was at the Grant Thornton office; 30 mins with a Principal. Questions were mostly behavioral. It is pretty much a pre-screening of how you would mesh with the company. If you're a good fit, GT will extend an invitation for the final round interview along with an invitation to the pre-interview dinner. The dinner is fun! Candidates get to mingle and get to know the partners, directors, or senior managers that they will be potentially interviewing with. They do ask questions during the dinner so be prepared to answer. Then comes the final round. The final round is a 4-5 hr process. It consist of 3 interviews; partners or directors, senior manager, manager. Again, don't be timid; the GT culture is exactly everything you've been reading and hearing; assuming research about the firm has been conducted. Overall, GT was a good experience.

Interview Question – What was the toughest question you've encountered thus far in the interviewing process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Question – 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

Interview Details – campus, then superday that cosists of three interviews

Interview Question – explain a time where you were expected to trust a team member in a strenuous situation   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process is normal. They really go through background check and make sure you are the right candidate.

Interview Question – Business case.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through campus recruiting. They held a pre-social interview before the campus interviews. Campus interview was 30 minutes, one-on-one, behavioral questions, and very conversational since we have already discussed skills and such the night before. I got called in for an office visit the next day which was held two weeks later. The office visit consisted of a dinner the night before with audit associates and you get paired up with a "buddy". The next morning I met with one partner and two senior managers. All very friendly. Asked about my resume and had some behavioral questions. The hardest question is probably, "what questions do you have for me?" because everyone you meet asks you that question. By the end of the day, I was exhausted from thinking of and asking questions. They really want to make sure you are comfortable though and reimburses you for your travel costs.

Interview Question – Nothing too technical. Just behavioral. Tell me a time you had a leadership position. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – It was very laid back and more of just a test to see if you would fit in with the company. My meeting was with a Tax Senior Manager and we spent a majority of the time discussing the various options that I could go into with accounting. They sent me an offer to attend very quickly, but I ultimately had to decline.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. It was primarily a discussion of the differences between Audit and Tax, as well as the differences within different sectors of Tax.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i had another opportunity that I had already obligated myself to during the time period.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus at a target school. Had an extremely positive experience. Questions were largely behavioral and centered around resume.

Interview Question – Asked for challenging experiences and ability to overcome challenges, asked for multiple specific examples of each   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – declined second round interview