Grant Thornton

2.7

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

There are three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the Partner for the Denver office, Senior Manager, and Manager. It then ended with a tour of the office. The office was very friendly and welcoming. I was reimbursed for the gas to get to the interview and the parking I payed for. Great view of Downtown and the Mountains!

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know a lot about the company. They didn't ask hard or unexpected questions however they did want to know why you wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Business Advisory Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Basic on campus interview with 2nd round interview in office. 4 total interviews in all and none too difficult. Asked basic questions off my resume for the most part in all 4 interviews. Nothing technical was asked, but I have heard of them asking technical questions in interviews to other people. One should know a broad overview of the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why I had not chosen other firms since I had previously done their leadership programs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Associate - GPS Advisory Services Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Grant Thornton does a great job recruiting at nearby universities by conducting on-campus information sessions, recruiting events, and job interviews. This enabled students with a heavy senior year workload to compete for good post-graduate job opportunities by not having to travel and miss classes. There was plenty of information shared with students during the information sessions, and the interview process and communications were very clear and professional.

Interview Questions
    • We had a group interview where 6 interview candidates were given a problem to solve together while interviewers took notes and observed how candidates communicated and worked toward a solution as a team under a time limit.   View Answer
    As a college hire, there was not an opportunity to negotiate but the offer process was very professional, yet still a genuine welcoming experience.

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

has been get contacted with HR over the phone, very general questions. Then was set up a interview through the email the following week. Pretty standard interview questions, it was more likely a conversation than formal interview, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do. better be prepare to get familiar with your own resume and have talking points before hand.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, like what do you do at your spare time? what did you do in your last job etc   Answer Question

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2011.

The hiring process is very simple you just need to apply online and the HR Team will go through your CV. Once you have cleared you resume you will be receive a call. If you are through to interview an offer letter will be given you and you are in.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question