Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but the team was able to move the process forward in a expedited manner. There were no gaps or ever a sense of not knowing where I stood as a candidate. I received excellent feedback and was always aware of next steps and timing. Everyone from the Recruiters to the management team were extremely professional and I left my interviews excited to be apart of such an amazing team. I had an initial phone interview and then was invited to come onsite for a panel interview. The timing from the phone interview to the onsite interview was about a week. Again, I was notified immediately following my phone interview though.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a specific question that I was completely thrown off by. Many of the questions centered around my previous experience and relating this to how I could be of value to the organization. One of the conversations that was most refreshing for me to hear was that during the interview process the team is already discussing potential advancement throughout the organization and what the big picture looks like given you come in and prove yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Denver, CO).

Interview

There are three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the Partner for the Denver office, Senior Manager, and Manager. It then ended with a tour of the office. The office was very friendly and welcoming. I was reimbursed for the gas to get to the interview and the parking I payed for. Great view of Downtown and the Mountains!

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know a lot about the company. They didn't ask hard or unexpected questions however they did want to know why you wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   1 Answer

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Started off with an on-campus career fair. From there I got invited to a pre-interview dinner where you were able to network with past interns and current staff. It was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that wasn't intimidating at all. The next morning, those who were invited had an on-campus interview that was essentially your standard behavioral interview. All of the core questions were there. The interviewer for me was young and did a really good job at making the interview flow easily. After that I waited about a week and half before I heard from the main campus recruiter. She invited me to an office visit (Chicago Office) with final round interviews being conducted there as well. It spanned over two days. The first evening we were all taken to dinner downtown, where again, we were able to network and speak with current staff at the Grant Thornton office in Chicago. You then went back to the hotel they put you up in for the night. The following morning we were taken to the Chicago office where we had breakfast and a presentation. After this, the interviewees were broken up into their respective fields (BAS, Tax, Audit) and we learned a little more about what went on there. After that, you then went on to do two separate interviews which were largely behavioral based with one or two generic technicals. After this, we got lunch with some of the younger employees who were still recent to Grant Thornton and talked with them. That was pretty much it for the day. I ended up getting an offer about two weeks later, and was called by employees from the office in addition to my email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

The office interviews consisted of an interview with 3 different partners/managers. There was also a lunch with a an associate and senior associate. The questions asked were fairly standard and the people were very kind. During the office visit, there were various sessions that told about the values of the company and how they operate.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Did on-campus recruiting. I knew some alum that went to my school prior to interviewing and started getting to know the recruiter maybe a year before applying. I was invited to a first round interview at school, pre-event socials, and finally a second round interview at the office which consisted of 3 interviews and lunch with some professionals. On offer day, I got a phone call at 8am from a partner to let me know that I will be receiving an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Like most public accounting firms, interviews began on my college campus. Once I made it past that stage, there were four 30 minute interviews at the office I had applied for. They also had an optional (highly suggest you intend, though) "pre-night" event at a local restaurant. This gave you an opportunity to get to know more of the staff, so you can get the feel if the company is the right fit for you outside of the office.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions

• No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question