Grant Thornton

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus at a target school. Had an extremely positive experience. Questions were largely behavioral and centered around resume.

Interview Question – Asked for challenging experiences and ability to overcome challenges, asked for multiple specific examples of each   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – declined second round interview

Very Easy Interview

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a social, a pre-interview social, an on-campus interview, a pre-office visit dinner, and then the office visit. Overall, it took around 4 weeks. The schedule at the office visit consisted of 4 interviews, a few presentations, and lunch with a few of the associates. The whole process was focused around deciding whether you fit in with the people at that particular office. I believe my interviews were successful due the fact that I tried to talk about everything other than accounting. The partners frequently reminded us that everyone at the office visit was qualified for the position. So, I would recommend avoiding accounting conversations to differentiate yourself from everyone else. Grant Thornton tries to make the process fun, so just enjoy yourself. All of the interviews were strictly conversational. I did not receive any behavioral questions.

Negotiation Details – The offer is on a "take it or leave it" basis which is expected for an internship position.

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting. One interview through the campus career center with a partner. Answered questions that focused on group-work experiences, why audit, why GT, etc. Invited for second round in GT office. The office super-day lasted from 9-2. There were ice-breaking activities, tours, meetings with current employees, lunch, meeting with a partner and two interviews. Very relaxing experience.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The majority of the interviews were behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer at Big Four

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I applied through a conference, and interviewed at the Grant Thornton, LLP booth during the coference

Interview Question – no technical questions all behavior questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call from the HR department who found my resume online and had my fist interview only with and a Sr. Executive Assistant. I had my second interview with the executives I would be supporting

Interview Question – If you were any type of entree what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $1000 less than I asked. We agreed to my asking salary.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Question – I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Financial Proofreader Interview

Financial Proofreader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with two people: Departmental manager and a proofreading supervisor. Asked questions re: have I read financial balance sheets, cash flow statements, operations, changes in net assets. Familiar with financial industry jargon and terminology. Also, have I use computers to do word processing on auditors opinion letters

Interview Question – Can I work under pressure ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just the salary was already determined by Human Resources

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online via my university's career website. Was invited to schedule an on campus interview and attend a pre-interview reception.

The week after my first round interview I was called by a recruiter to offer me an office visit. They put me up at a very nice Hyatt hotel in downtown Baltimore and I attended a dinner with all other candidates the night before. I interviewed from about 9-12 on Friday with about 5 different people. They ranged from partner to current associate. I was also given an interview buddy (a new hire) who showed me around the office and then took me to lunch after the interviewing. This was a good opportunity to get a real idea of the work and ask the difficult questions you might not otherwise.

I was called the following Monday by the partner I interviewed with and was given a verbal offer with a set salary for new hires. Later that week, I received a paper copy of the offer.

Overall, I had a great experience with Grant Thornton. They were always very prompt in moving the interview process forward. Everyone at the office seemed to genuinely like their jobs and were excited about the growth of the company. And I would consider pursuing a job with them in the future.

Interview Question – Nothing to unexpected. They went over my resume and asked basic behavioral questions, like "when is a time when you have worked in a difficult team?" Wanted to know why you wanted to work there, Why you think you would be a good fit at GT, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to live in Baltimore

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

Business Advisory Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – General first round interview, phone, very nice

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you've done in school   Answer Question