Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.7

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Phila, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

really nice people regardless of how high up they were. talked to you like you were already in the firm. genuinely showed they appreciated everyone there. first interview was a phone screening. the second one was onsite at the office, and consisted of three separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• name one of your biggest accomplishments, and how did you feel after you completed it.   Answer Question

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was overall pretty easy. They came to campus to recruit, went to the pre-interview reception. I had one interview on campus, all behavioral, very personable interviewer. He asked questions about my resume for the most part. I talked about my background, why I chose the school I did, my major, why consulting etc. I got invited within a week to come to the office. I went to the office and had two more interviews, they gave us a tour of the office, took us to lunch, on the way home I got a call for an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Interview

Did on-campus recruiting. I knew some alum that went to my school prior to interviewing and started getting to know the recruiter maybe a year before applying. I was invited to a first round interview at school, pre-event socials, and finally a second round interview at the office which consisted of 3 interviews and lunch with some professionals. On offer day, I got a phone call at 8am from a partner to let me know that I will be receiving an offer.

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Started off with an on-campus career fair. From there I got invited to a pre-interview dinner where you were able to network with past interns and current staff. It was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that wasn't intimidating at all. The next morning, those who were invited had an on-campus interview that was essentially your standard behavioral interview. All of the core questions were there. The interviewer for me was young and did a really good job at making the interview flow easily. After that I waited about a week and half before I heard from the main campus recruiter. She invited me to an office visit (Chicago Office) with final round interviews being conducted there as well. It spanned over two days. The first evening we were all taken to dinner downtown, where again, we were able to network and speak with current staff at the Grant Thornton office in Chicago. You then went back to the hotel they put you up in for the night. The following morning we were taken to the Chicago office where we had breakfast and a presentation. After this, the interviewees were broken up into their respective fields (BAS, Tax, Audit) and we learned a little more about what went on there. After that, you then went on to do two separate interviews which were largely behavioral based with one or two generic technicals. After this, we got lunch with some of the younger employees who were still recent to Grant Thornton and talked with them. That was pretty much it for the day.
    I ended up getting an offer about two weeks later, and was called by employees from the office in addition to my email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through the university and took about 5 to 6 weeks.

There was an accounting fair where a whole range of accounting firms were present from Big 4 to small, local firms. I met with a managing director and a partner of the firm. They were very nice and I enjoyed their company.

There were also several events where we met with other professionals of the firm. I had my first round of interviews at the university for about 30 minutes. I met with a manager. He was very professional and we spoke about a variety of topics about myself, my resume, both of our experiences.

The second round interviews were at the office. We had a pre-interview social. I met with other professionals of the firm, as well. The next day were office interviews and lunch. I had two office interviews, both 30 minutes. I interviewed with a partner and director of the firm. Both of them went very well. It was certainly more relaxed and talking more about myself, my resume, and experiences. After the interviews, we went out to lunch with two professionals of the firm. It was a great experience and learned more about the firm through their experiences. They said that offers would be sent out the following week. However, I received notice of my offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing that is out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Like most public accounting firms, interviews began on my college campus. Once I made it past that stage, there were four 30 minute interviews at the office I had applied for. They also had an optional (highly suggest you intend, though) "pre-night" event at a local restaurant. This gave you an opportunity to get to know more of the staff, so you can get the feel if the company is the right fit for you outside of the office.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Interview

I went through the campus website as well as their own to apply and got a 1st round interview. During the first round, I got an interviewer who looked like she didn't want to be there in the first place. She wasn't very friendly nor was she the best interviewer.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application and two weeks later was emailed with a request for a phone interview. Phone interview went great with HR manager. She told me I'm the kind of candidate they look for. The next steps would be to meet with the marketing team and partners, but unfortunately a week later I got a call that they hired someone else who had more direct information.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you met a challenge and how you tackeld that.   Answer Question