Grant Thornton Ireland Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Audit Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland in February 2013.

I was hired in the Spring in San Jose, CA. My first interview with was the head recruiter over phone. The questions asked were behavioral regarding leadership, teamwork, why audit, why GT, etc. 2nd round was more formal. I went into their office to interview with an Audit partner, Sr. Manager, and the scheduler. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • I really did not get a difficult question. My phone interview asked more questions than my second round added together.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was called and informed I received an offer then got the emailed package.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland in October 2013.

The interview process was a nice experience, questions were pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a project that is not going so well.   Answer Question

Extremely intrusive background checks with requests of W2s and 1099s along with them wanting to know my total compensation from current employer including bonus and stocks. The person from their Talent Acquisition was disrespectful and calls at 8pm eastern and I felt like I was being interrogated.

Audit Manager Position - Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland in July 2013.

Was given a referral. However, recruiter did not seem interested in getting to know me or my experience. He cancelled the first phone screen at the last minute as he had an hvac issue at home. The rescheduled phone screen started 15 minutes late. He seemed somewhat miffed that he had to do the phone screen.

Interview Questions
    • He did not ask any questions about the strength of my experience or my resume. He seemed most concerned into digging into how my experience was not relevant to what they were looking for. He seemed very adversarial when I ask him questions.   Answer Question

Summer Audit Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

I got an initial phone interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and cover letter and received an interview about a week later. The phone interview was pretty conversational. The interviewer basically went over my resume and asked questions. Most of the questions were simple, but a couple were curve balls that I just didn't prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something unexpected at your job.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

It was very complex and professional.

No negotiating

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Campus Interview:

Interview Questions
    • My interview was a conversation, which was typical with many of my other colleagues. One person I know got the full behavioral interview, but that was the lone exception. A few people were asked about their strengths, but for the most part everyone said it was a friendly conversation.   Answer Question

PUBLIC SECTOR ASSURANCE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

The hiring / interview process was quite similar to other firms:
    Standard application form, aptitude testing and a competency based telephone interview.

The assessment day was challenging in that the group case study exercise was called upon in the partner interview and there is a lot to synthesise quickly. I'd advise picking a few issues to focus on, but acknowledging the key areas you've not spent too much time on. Justify everything.

HR and senior team were friendly and personable.

Interview Questions
    • More a barrage of overlapping competency skill questions than one specific question.   Answer Question
    HR are pretty good - I was negotiating on the qualifications I would get with my programme, my issue was resolved within a week.

Audit Placement Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Application form, telephone interview, assessment centre day, face to face interview

Specialist Tax - Entrepreneurial and Private Clients Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland in April 2013.

Initially applied to the Actuarial stream but got put into the specialist tax area as all the places filled up. Only got told 20 minutes before my initial phone interview time which was less than satisfactory.
    The actual interview itself was fairly straightforward, with more an emphasis on economics and wider business knowledge than a few others that I've done. Only got asked one competency question as well as the usual Why Grant Thornton, Why Tax , Why Professional Services etc.

Interview Questions
    • How will the current economic climate affect your time as an Intern with Grant Thornton?   View Answer
    I'm still in the process. Waiting to hear whether I have an assessment centre or not after passing the interview.

Intern Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Phone Interview
    Online testing
    HR Interview
    Partner Interview

Interview Questions
    • Not a big list of questions. Teamwork, Networking experience, 4-5 Behavioural Q's.   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton Ireland? Contribute to the Community!