Grant Thornton Ireland Interview Questions

2.5

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Interview

I got an initial phone interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and cover letter and received an interview about a week later. The phone interview was pretty conversational. The interviewer basically went over my resume and asked questions. Most of the questions were simple, but a couple were curve balls that I just didn't prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something unexpected at your job.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a nice experience, questions were pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a project that is not going so well.   Answer Question

Extremely intrusive background checks with requests of W2s and 1099s along with them wanting to know my total compensation from current employer including bonus and stocks. The person from their Talent Acquisition was disrespectful and calls at 8pm eastern and I felt like I was being interrogated.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

It was very complex and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Interview

Campus Interview:

Interview Questions

• My interview was a conversation, which was typical with many of my other colleagues. One person I know got the full behavioral interview, but that was the lone exception. A few people were asked about their strengths, but for the most part everyone said it was a friendly conversation.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Position - Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was given a referral. However, recruiter did not seem interested in getting to know me or my experience. He cancelled the first phone screen at the last minute as he had an hvac issue at home. The rescheduled phone screen started 15 minutes late. He seemed somewhat miffed that he had to do the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask any questions about the strength of my experience or my resume. He seemed most concerned into digging into how my experience was not relevant to what they were looking for. He seemed very adversarial when I ask him questions.   Answer Question

Audit Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was hired in the Spring in San Jose, CA. My first interview with was the head recruiter over phone. The questions asked were behavioral regarding leadership, teamwork, why audit, why GT, etc. 2nd round was more formal. I went into their office to interview with an Audit partner, Sr. Manager, and the scheduler. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• I really did not get a difficult question. My phone interview asked more questions than my second round added together.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was called and informed I received an offer then got the emailed package.

PUBLIC SECTOR ASSURANCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring / interview process was quite similar to other firms: Standard application form, aptitude testing and a competency based telephone interview. The assessment day was challenging in that the group case study exercise was called upon in the partner interview and there is a lot to synthesise quickly. I'd advise picking a few issues to focus on, but acknowledging the key areas you've not spent too much time on. Justify everything. HR and senior team were friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• More a barrage of overlapping competency skill questions than one specific question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR are pretty good - I was negotiating on the qualifications I would get with my programme, my issue was resolved within a week.

Audit Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Interview

Application form, telephone interview, assessment centre day, face to face interview

Specialist Tax - Entrepreneurial and Private Clients Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Initially applied to the Actuarial stream but got put into the specialist tax area as all the places filled up. Only got told 20 minutes before my initial phone interview time which was less than satisfactory. The actual interview itself was fairly straightforward, with more an emphasis on economics and wider business knowledge than a few others that I've done. Only got asked one competency question as well as the usual Why Grant Thornton, Why Tax , Why Professional Services etc.

Interview Questions

• How will the current economic climate affect your time as an Intern with Grant Thornton?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm still in the process. Waiting to hear whether I have an assessment centre or not after passing the interview.

Intern Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Phone Interview Online testing HR Interview Partner Interview

Interview Questions

• Not a big list of questions. Teamwork, Networking experience, 4-5 Behavioural Q's.   Answer Question