Grant Thornton, LLP

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position at the end of November. After periodically checking on their website to see the status of my application, I received an email requesting a phone interview in mid-January. Within 2 days we had a time set up for 2 days later (so a 4 day span). I was called by the regional recruiter who was located in PA I believe (the position was in NYC). It started off as standard fare: walk me through your resume and experience, etc. It then took an odd turn, when I feel the interviewer was sort of delving too much into my personal matters and underplaying a position I had because it was an unpaid internship- (uh, sorry I wanted experience in my desired field?!). I was actually asked, "well what do you do for money then?" and when I came up with some reply it was as if he still wouldn't let go (I'm a tough cookie, but judgement dripping from his voice-ugh) . Interviewer then told that the hiring manager might want someone with more experience, but that I'd hear back from them.... sure. I had written them off after the vibes from that call and good thing, because they eventually filled the position- I at least would have expected a rejection message; overall it was professional enough.

Interview Question – So what do you do for money then?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP Human Resources Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees and interview candidates.