Grant Thornton Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Camden, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively smooth. Three rounds of interviews - over the phone with the HR recruiter and Director. Then in-person with Director, Partner, Senior Associate and a PM (contractor). Mostly behavioral questions except from the PM - he asked several technical questions. Although the interviews were ok, I experienced a couple of issues - 1. The recruiter failed to provide details about the interview location and contact person. They also failed to cover expenses (tolls and parking). I'm also interviewing with a Big 4 firm and they provided a contact person at the location and also offered to cover my mileage to the interview. 2. I received no post interview feedback at all (for any round). It's been about a 1.5 weeks since the last interview and I reached out to the recruiter and got no response. Again the Big 4 recruiter provided immediate feedback after my Director interview. 3. I didn't receive any background info on who I was supposed to be interviewing with (GT Director and Partner). The Big 4 recruiter provided extensive bios on both the Director and Partner. It's nice to know a little something about who you're going to be speaking with so that way you can try and form a connection. I guess those are the little things that a Big 4 more desirable to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but the team was able to move the process forward in a expedited manner. There were no gaps or ever a sense of not knowing where I stood as a candidate. I received excellent feedback and was always aware of next steps and timing. Everyone from the Recruiters to the management team were extremely professional and I left my interviews excited to be apart of such an amazing team. I had an initial phone interview and then was invited to come onsite for a panel interview. The timing from the phone interview to the onsite interview was about a week. Again, I was notified immediately following my phone interview though.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a specific question that I was completely thrown off by. Many of the questions centered around my previous experience and relating this to how I could be of value to the organization. One of the conversations that was most refreshing for me to hear was that during the interview process the team is already discussing potential advancement throughout the organization and what the big picture looks like given you come in and prove yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very fair.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

Interview

The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Hired through known work with a client that had a Grant Thornton team working on an engagement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward. I did negotiate between a higher base and no signing bonus, or a lower base and higher signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was with HR. Mainly just behavioral questions, but she tried to ask some technical questions which she clearly had written down to remember and was taking notes on the answers (probably because she wasn’t sure if what I was saying was correct). A little standoffish. Told me at the end that they would get back to me on whether they thought I was a good fit to continue with the interviews. Found that to be a little funny. If you can count to five, you should be able to make it past an HR interview. I went in for a day of interviews. Met with a Manager, Sr. Manager, Partner and Sr. Associate (I was interviewing for a Manager role). The interview with the manager lasted the longest. Nothing hard, but it just seemed like this guy was trying to prove that he knew his stuff. Sr. Manager was ok. Didn’t seem to care much and he was probably told that morning that he would interview me so not too familiar with my background. Asked me to tell him about myself, some follow-up questions and was out of there in about 20 minutes. The interview with the partner was pretty easy. He mainly told me about the group and role and asked what clients I worked on at PwC. The interview with the senior was the most interesting one. It lasted for about an hour. She was probably the most interested in knowing about my background, what kind of work I had done, how I had developed staff and anything else about me as a person. She seemed like she was desperately looking for a good person to work for which worried me about the dynamics of the group. They seemed to be all over the place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. I asked for more and I got very little more. They are cheap, but I took it because I need to spend more time at home and they have smaller and less complex clients than PwC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the end client of Grant Thornton first. Since the client liked me, Grant Thornton had no problem extending an offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.