Grant Thornton

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – First interview was with HR. Mainly just behavioral questions, but she tried to ask some technical questions which she clearly had written down to remember and was taking notes on the answers (probably because she wasn’t sure if what I was saying was correct). A little standoffish. Told me at the end that they would get back to me on whether they thought I was a good fit to continue with the interviews. Found that to be a little funny. If you can count to five, you should be able to make it past an HR interview.

I went in for a day of interviews. Met with a Manager, Sr. Manager, Partner and Sr. Associate (I was interviewing for a Manager role). The interview with the manager lasted the longest. Nothing hard, but it just seemed like this guy was trying to prove that he knew his stuff. Sr. Manager was ok. Didn’t seem to care much and he was probably told that morning that he would interview me so not too familiar with my background. Asked me to tell him about myself, some follow-up questions and was out of there in about 20 minutes. The interview with the partner was pretty easy. He mainly told me about the group and role and asked what clients I worked on at PwC. The interview with the senior was the most interesting one. It lasted for about an hour. She was probably the most interested in knowing about my background, what kind of work I had done, how I had developed staff and anything else about me as a person. She seemed like she was desperately looking for a good person to work for which worried me about the dynamics of the group. They seemed to be all over the place.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. I asked for more and I got very little more. They are cheap, but I took it because I need to spend more time at home and they have smaller and less complex clients than PwC.

Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the end client of Grant Thornton first. Since the client liked me, Grant Thornton had no problem extending an offer.

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Question – If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – Hired through known work with a client that had a Grant Thornton team working on an engagement.

Interview Question – None, typical questions since my work was known.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly straightforward. I did negotiate between a higher base and no signing bonus, or a lower base and higher signing bonus.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!