Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

This is for the Global Public Sector (Federal consultancy). Fairly streamlines and quick. From initial resume drop to offer took about 3 weeks, and that included a week before a recruiter first contacted me. First stage was a 30-45 phone call to review resume and hear about GT as a firm. Next stage was an office visit which included two interviews: one with a senior manager, another with a director (junior partner). Interview for both was fairly informal; offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some of the specifics on one of my jobs; couldn't tell if that was to test my knowledge or to fish about how my prior firm (a competitor) operated.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Hiring process was fantastic. Helpful from initial contact to end of process. Recruiter was awesome.

Interview Questions

• none. Questions were reasonable & what one would expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary wasn't negotiable & wasn't accurate (in my mind). However, it was during recession so it likely made sense.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Make sure you do some research on the company and the partners, especially on the department you want to work in. Contact a current employee [preferably a senior] and ask for some advise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

interviewed by 3 partners....they asked very general and non invasive questions. Mostly about my personal life, previous work experiences, experiences which helped me develop as a professional. They were more interested in me as a person as opposed to me as an accountant. They wanted to see if i would be contribute as a member of their team.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you experienced adversity in the workplace or in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very long. Met with 4-5 people 6-7 times. The interview process was thorough. The managers and senior managers asked a lot of questions regarding background and put forth various almost real scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated the salary based on glassdoor reviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First was phone screening, followed by an office visit. On office visit, I interviewed with three people (senior, director and partner). Interviews were standard questions mostly asking about experiences, knowledge of industry and why looking to join GT. Nothing out of the ordinary. Overall pretty regular in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth. Received a phone interview within 3 days of resume submission, an in-person interview offer 2 days after, and an official offer within a day of in-person interview. Recruiting office was extremely professional and very friendly. Worked with me on salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Extremely easy and straight forward. They worked very hard to meet my request..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

Initial campus recruiting interview, consisted of an HR and a technical person. Interview consisted of behavioral and basic finance B/S I/S C/F statement questions. Second round interview consisted of a team solving 4 hour case followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Second round case question, which was hard to solve for a newly minted MBA grad   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a 10% rise.