Grant Thornton Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2014
Updated May 12, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

The process was very long. Met with 4-5 people 6-7 times. The interview process was thorough. The managers and senior managers asked a lot of questions regarding background and put forth various almost real scenarios.

Interview Questions
Negotiated the salary based on glassdoor reviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2010.

Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

This is for the Global Public Sector (Federal consultancy).

Fairly streamlines and quick. From initial resume drop to offer took about 3 weeks, and that included a week before a recruiter first contacted me.

First stage was a 30-45 phone call to review resume and hear about GT as a firm. Next stage was an office visit which included two interviews: one with a senior manager, another with a director (junior partner). Interview for both was fairly informal; offer came a week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about some of the specifics on one of my jobs; couldn't tell if that was to test my knowledge or to fish about how my prior firm (a competitor) operated.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Hiring process was fantastic. Helpful from initial contact to end of process. Recruiter was awesome.

Interview Questions
    • none. Questions were reasonable & what one would expect.   Answer Question
    Salary wasn't negotiable & wasn't accurate (in my mind). However, it was during recession so it likely made sense.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Make sure you do some research on the company and the partners, especially on the department you want to work in. Contact a current employee [preferably a senior] and ask for some advise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2011.

Hiring process was very smooth. Received a phone interview within 3 days of resume submission, an in-person interview offer 2 days after, and an official offer within a day of in-person interview. Recruiting office was extremely professional and very friendly. Worked with me on salary requirements.

Interview Questions
    Extremely easy and straight forward. They worked very hard to meet my request..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2008.

Initial campus recruiting interview, consisted of an HR and a technical person. Interview consisted of behavioral and basic finance B/S I/S C/F statement questions. Second round interview consisted of a team solving 4 hour case followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Second round case question, which was hard to solve for a newly minted MBA grad   Answer Question
    Negotiated a 10% rise.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

Everyone made the candidate feel welcome. The interview started with a brief background discussion with the HR who set the expectations upfront. This helped me prepare for the subsequent interviews. I met two partners and a couple of managers at BAS, who tested me on various areas for IT strategy and Business Processes. They primarily focused on hypothetical scenarios and sought my approach and tried to understand how would the candidate solve a particular problem.

I had been through a phone interview with the manager, who eventually chose to meet me over lunch and discussed about the my approaches and experiences in various projects I was a part of in my previous company. My understanding that GT looks for someone who can decouple Strategic Initiatives and IT in an enterprise.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss about your background in your previous company.   Answer Question