Grant Thornton

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Question – Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details – I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Question – I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to deal with a conflict?   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Question – All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was okay. It had two parts: phone and then in-person. The questions were pretty standard questions, mostly behavioural ones. In terms of time length, the phone interview was around 20 minutes. They give you a time from of when they would call but not an exact time so you're just there waiting.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – Received an invite for a phone interview first. One week later was invited for an in-house interview. Finally, emailed the recruiter and was told they were in the process of making room for this particular position. Position was reposted, but I am still in the running, weeks later.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2011.

Interview Details – Grant Thornton came to my university campus to give an information session and I received an interview after applying online. My interview lasted about 40 minutes. I was interviewed by two people, one audit manager and one talent acquistion manager. The interview questions themselves were mostly behavioural and were pretty common. For example, I was asked to tell them about myself and also to name my proudest achievement. However, only about 5 questions were actually asked which took up less than half of the 40 minutes. I was asked to begin asking GT questions instead. Unfortunately, I didn't prepare quite enough questions and soon ran out of them. My advice would be to prepare more on this area.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult decision that you have made in your life?   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!