Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Questions
    • Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2012.

The interview was okay. It had two parts: phone and then in-person. The questions were pretty standard questions, mostly behavioural ones. In terms of time length, the phone interview was around 20 minutes. They give you a time from of when they would call but not an exact time so you're just there waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Received an invite for a phone interview first. One week later was invited for an in-house interview. Finally, emailed the recruiter and was told they were in the process of making room for this particular position. Position was reposted, but I am still in the running, weeks later.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2011.

Grant Thornton came to my university campus to give an information session and I received an interview after applying online. My interview lasted about 40 minutes. I was interviewed by two people, one audit manager and one talent acquistion manager. The interview questions themselves were mostly behavioural and were pretty common. For example, I was asked to tell them about myself and also to name my proudest achievement. However, only about 5 questions were actually asked which took up less than half of the 40 minutes. I was asked to begin asking GT questions instead. Unfortunately, I didn't prepare quite enough questions and soon ran out of them. My advice would be to prepare more on this area.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision that you have made in your life?   Answer Question