Grant Thornton Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then interview in person. Never got to the second step though. They were very nice. Phone interview are basic general questions to weed people out, which I know now.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions

• As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Questions

• Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I did OCR interview. 30 min with HR and 30 min with an Audit partner. The pre-night reception was worth going, just to mingle with the current employees in a not-so-formal environment and get to know your interviewers. I didn't get the offer but love the culture, people are very nice and laid-back.

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare my questions. the interview with partner was more like a conversation but instead I was too nervous. Just relax and enjoy the conversation, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions

• All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was okay. It had two parts: phone and then in-person. The questions were pretty standard questions, mostly behavioural ones. In terms of time length, the phone interview was around 20 minutes. They give you a time from of when they would call but not an exact time so you're just there waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Received an invite for a phone interview first. One week later was invited for an in-house interview. Finally, emailed the recruiter and was told they were in the process of making room for this particular position. Position was reposted, but I am still in the running, weeks later.