Grant Thornton

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus at a target school. Had an extremely positive experience. Questions were largely behavioral and centered around resume.

Interview Question – Asked for challenging experiences and ability to overcome challenges, asked for multiple specific examples of each   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – declined second round interview

Tax Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – I applied through a conference, and interviewed at the Grant Thornton, LLP booth during the coference

Interview Question – no technical questions all behavior questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details – GT is a very professional and friendly company upon first impressions. The campus recruiter can be slightly intimidating, at first, however will warm up to you quickly if you strike conversation. There is an obvious delineation between the age groups; on one side, a very young and enthusiastic staff, and the other a seemingly more grizzled and experienced management team.
The interviews are a combination between behavioral and conversational – behavioral during the campus interview, and entirely conversational during the on-site visit. Nothing to stress about. During the coffee discussion, prior to the interviews, it was refreshing to hear how much the staff focused on our (the interviewees) ‘internship experience’. They seemed to care more about giving us advice about navigating our near future, than they did about convincing you GT was the best firm. It was perhaps the best sales job they could have done.

One minor complaint: they took waaaaay too long to get back to me with the offer.

Interview Question – Honestly, it is the same old list of behavioral interview questions that everyone else asks. "Tell me about a time when you had friction with a team", etc. The office interviews were much more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, from what I could tell. It seemed very "take it, or leave it"

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2011.

Interview Details – My first Interview was on campus. Once I was notified that I made it past the first round, they took me and all the other candidates to a pre-second round interview dinner which was like one large interview. A week later, I had an interview at their office which consisted of meeting 3 current employees and going out to lunch with them, an office tour and finally 3 30-minute interviews with associates to partners. 1 hour after I left the office I left the office, I was called and offered the position! I gladly accepted, everyone was extremely nice and helpful during the long and tedious process. Heads up...be prepared for tough questions and dont be afraid to say you dont know something. They are testing you every step of the way and they want to see who you are, not who you are trying to portray.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and why you chose tax   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2010.

Interview Details – Dropped resume at the career fair and applied through the campus recruiting website. Following a pre-night mingling event, two half hour 1:1 behavioral interviews were conducted. Second round consisted of an office visit that encouraged teamwork in a social environment. Managers and partners were brought in to conduct panels and field questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!