Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.8

Public Sector Audit Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

First Stage was the application process. Did lots of research and decided on the sector I wanted to apply to. Stated my career motivation and why I had chosen the firm. They got back to me within a week saying I had qualified for the Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests. These aren't too difficult as long as you do lots of practice.
    The third stage was a telephone interview. This was competency based. The interview mainly focused on Motivation, Business Insight, Initiative, Ownership and Building Business relationships. I got an email just about an hour after the interview telling me I'd been successful. A few days later, I was given an Assessment Centre date.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the assessment centre day. I thought it would be very nerve-wracking but it wasn't. GT is full of very friendly staff and I felt some what at home.
    The day started with a few graduate trainees speaking to us about their functions at the firm, day-to-day workload and general life at GT. After this came a Group activity. We were given a case study and asked to present in groups. The main aim of this is to match your skills against GT's values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. For this part, I'd say it's important to be yourself, be a good listener but ensure you also have a decent amount of input.
    The next part of the day was an Individual case study & a presentation of findings to a partner. This part was very interesting. It helped that I'd prepared a lot for commercial awareness question.
    The Final part of the day was a competency Interview. It was basically a build up on the previous phone interview.
    I was called up the next day and given an offer. Overall, the process is one of the best I've experienced.

Interview Questions
    • If you prepare well enough, there aren't really any unexpected questions thrown.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in December 2013.

Submitted my application then on the same day, I was invited to do a numerical and verbal reasoning tests. The next morning, I was asked to book a telephone interview that is supposed to last for 30 minutes or so. I was informed that I passed the interview an hour after and I am now waiting to schedule my assessment centre date.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the qualifications you may need for this professional role?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Online application -> psychometric tests ->telephone interview (brush up on relevant business news/current affairs, know the companies values and how it differentiates itself from other professional service companies. Also study their key competencies - think STAR, why Grant Thornton, why your chosen service line etc.) Standard stuff really if you're well prepared.

My final round interview was roughly 45 minutes or so with a senior manager; it included a detailed CV review and more in-depth fit/competency questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Questions relating to the effect of current economy on company/service line   Answer Question

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in May 2010.

Online written application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview testing competencies relating to soft skills.
    Face to face interview to test social interaction and fit within the team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the UK tax system? Does it tax the population fairly?   Answer Question
    Offers for graduate scheme were standard and no room for negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in February 2009.

Online application, psychometric tests (maths and verbal), telephone interviews, three back to back interviews

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard, so not really.

As long as good competence examples and read FT/ economist / accountancy magazine, then should be ok
        Answer Question
    None, as at graduate level

Advisory Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in January 2012.

There was an online application with a few essay questions required. Once successful, there are online math and English exam to do, but nothing to complicated. Next comes a competency based phone interview (about 30mins) with some challenging questions like "How has the economic downturn affected Grant Thornton" or "What differentiates Grant Thornton from the Top 4?". Finally, it is an assessment center day at their London office; if successful, they will call you within 24hrs of completing your Assessment Center.

Interview Questions
    • What makes Grant Thornton different from the rest of the Top 4?   Answer Question
    • How has the economic downturn affected Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Business Risk Services Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in October 2011.

It was a wonderful experience to be interviewed by Grant Thornton for the post of a Business Risk Services Graduate. I came upto the level of interview after initial CV screening and passing online tests. The interview was mainly competency based. They expect you to research the firm in depth as well as the role. They also expect you to know in detail about the ACA qualification. Although I got rejected, I did manage to get a feedback from them. It really helped me work on my weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the ACA qualification   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in June 2009.

Psychometric tests online
    Interview with HR
    Interview with partner

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible, standard offer to all audit trainees

Accountancy Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in March 2010.

Very structured, and highly efficient process. Combining interviews and skils assessments with aptitude tests and a second partner interview.
    Large company with large number of applicants for places. Interview process itself was quite intense. Prepare information about the company itself, why you want to work there and what you feel the firm could offer you besides a decent salary.

Advisory Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in January 2008.

College recruiting process. Submit resumes, invitation to dinner, campus interview, social, office visit, offer.

Interview Questions
    Not really any negotiating going on in this market.

Worked for Grant Thornton UK LLP? Contribute to the Community!