Graphic Packaging Holding

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding.

Telephone interview then 4 Panel Interview. The interview wasn't easy, but if you knew your previous job experience and the position you were applying for, it wasn't difficult either. It all happened pretty fast... then you waited.

They would not negotiate for that position.

Commodity Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding in October 2014.

I applied online and heard from HR a few weeks after. Had a 30 minute conversation/phone screen with HR who asked some basic behavior based questions and had me go through my resume. I followed up twice and after the 2nd email, the HR contact let me know that I would be contacted by the hiring manager. A week later I still hadn't heard back from the manager so I emailed HR once more who informed me that the manager had called and left a message. I didn't receive any voicemails from the manager. However, he did email me right away and we proceeded to schedule a phone interview.

The interview with the manager was actually the director of Supply Chain. Interview lasted 16 minutes and I was surprised it wasn't more structured. He asked me the following questions, and I was surprised none of them were behavior based:
    1. Company works in a fast-paced and demanding environment, what is your experience with that? Can you handle it?
    2. We work in teams all the time - what is your experience with that?
    3. What is the biggest challenge you see in this role?
    4. What do you like about this role/company?
    5. What are your thoughts on relocation?
    6. What kind of salary do you have in mind?

I asked him what the hiring process is and he said if I move onto the next round it will be on site panel interviews.

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding in October 2014.

Applied online and was cold called several weeks later by a recruiter for a short interview. We talked about my resume and she asked some behavior questions. Phase two was a phone interview with one of their current designers. We talked about my work and portfolio, easy stuff. After, I got invited to an on-site interview at their Atlanta office. The on-site interview was very unorganized. I flew into Atlanta very early in the morning, however, in the days leading up to the interview I had received no information about when my interview would start or when they expected me to arrive, despite me following up for more information. Turns out they were expecting me much later than I anticipated. Once I finally got to the interview, I was only there for maybe an hour. I met with one of the designers and his superior and we sat awkwardly in a large conference room as they asked me seemingly random questions about design. The whole ordeal was very unprofessional and off-putting. Thankfully never heard back after the onsite interview.

Department Manager Interview

Simply Process, panel interview....really didn't discuss much of my past. Very Friendly group and enjoyed the process. Very laid back and simple. I walked in expecting something totally different but this was so easy.

Interview Questions
    • What is my favorite day for golf....I didn't play at the time....but have plenty of time now.   Answer Question
    They offer me a great salary...I only wish I had asked for more. I am sure they would have given it gladly.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding.

Panel interview, no issues, the process was easy, but wish I had known more about the company prior to working there. This company is a joke, and by far the worst I have ever worked for . Glad to not be there anymore.

Interview Questions
    • No issues.............................................................................................................................................   Answer Question
    I wish someone had told me before to negotiate your pay for years to come, cause if I knew what I was negotiating for in pay and year to come I would be making relatively the same. I would have negotiated for more money.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding.

Interviewed by HR, Customer Service Manager, and then later department heads.

Interview Questions
    • Questioned what do you want most out of this position?   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding.

I had a phone interview with the recruiting manager. I then had an in-person interview with two teams of two people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the fact that I was currently working for a competitor. They were particularly interested in why I would leave.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding.

Behavior based interviews - two phone screens, then panel interview, then two more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about confronting others including superiors.   Answer Question

Capacity Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding in October 2013.

The phone interview was great. A basic walk through of the resume answering a few questions explaining how certain skills and applications were used. In person was more challenging as it should be but it's difficult to answer situation questions if you haven't been placed in the situations.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation when you needed a resource and it wasn't available?   Answer Question

Manager, Finance (Supply Chain) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Graphic Packaging Holding in April 2013.

Applied for position via company's website. Was contacted a couple weeks later by HR via email to schedule a phone interview. Spoke to HR for 20 to 30 minutes. The HR reps demeanor was very weird (giggling throughout the conversation) and she didn't seem to understand the scope of the role. The conversation was fairly mundane - tell me about yourself then 2 behavioral questions then questions from me. Check the website the following day and the position had been filled. Never spoke to hiring manager - believe that they were just doing backup screenings in case the person the offered the position to would've said no

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself
      Why did you leave your last job
      What are your salary expectations
      Can you describe a time when you worked on multiple projects
      Can you describe a time when you made a significant change or impact to the group you worked with

Answer Question